Sign in to follow this  
jdub

Another guess the score...AZ Bull

I know he wasn’t a monster bull.  But he was for 11M.

• Like 1

I jerked the shot so bad and I was sick about it. I spent the rest of the time searching for him to no avail.

• Like 1

Dang man! I hit a bull 13 years ago that still haunts me.  Hit him in the exact same spot similar bull too, 7x7 330-340ish.  

Then you get it.  How the heck could I miss by 2 feet?  

3 hours ago, jdub said:

Then you get it.  How the heck could I miss by 2 feet?  I practice all of the time...over and over...muscle memory and breathing.  It’s like the arrow had a mind of its own.  I still can’t process it.  Was I not looking thru the peep? I wasn’t even shaking or geeked up.  And the distance wasn’t outside of my range at all.  I don’t have the “hit a branch” excuse.  Flat, no wind, plenty of light, elk stopped and unaware.

Especially since he's a dink compared to the bull in your avatar

3 hours ago, jdub said:

Then you get it.  How the heck could I miss by 2 feet?  I practice all of the time...over and over...muscle memory and breathing.  It’s like the arrow had a mind of its own.  I still can’t process it.  Was I not looking thru the peep? I wasn’t even shaking or geeked up.  And the distance wasn’t outside of my range at all.  I don’t have the “hit a branch” excuse.  Flat, no wind, plenty of light, elk stopped and unaware.

At least you did the right thing and spent the time looking. We did the same thing on my daughter's youth hunt, hunted hard and had a shot 2nd to last day. Found a little blood so spent the last day and a half looking and another half day after the hunt. My heart broke for her because she was so determined.