Emckee

Tally rem 700 rings

Talley 20 moa medium rings. Remmington 700 la. For a 1” scope. Lightly lapped just to see surface contact. Mounted them on my rifle before I realized they were too low. 🙄 55 bucks 

2B471FE7-12F9-479D-B1F6-4FDA116617E9.jpeg

I think its beneficial to lap all rings... but I'm sure one of the more experienced builders will chime in with their opinions. With buying a a set of rings that someone else lapped, just make the top half a weren't switched up.

I do believe in lapping all rings. Once you do it you will start to see that nice rings and or manufactures have better contact patterns. And as mfernaz stated the top need to stay with the lower. Which they are. Just don’t mix them up. 

What scope did you try that required taller rings? I have a Z5 5-25x52... not sure medium will work

I have a zeiss conquest hd5 5-25x50. But it was mounted on a Christendom arms ridgeline. The carbon barrels have a .920 barrel diameter at the muzzle so I believe they are larger diamete all the way to the action”don’t quote me on that”. But I believe that was the case. Also with high rings I maybe have an 1/8 between the scope bell and barrel