DJV

5B north archery hunt

On 3/23/2019 at 7:46 AM, ThomC said:

LOL that aint no road.

hunted that unit for years before moving on from Jaycox to Twin Arrows, from Grapevine to Marshall Lake.  Roads?  hahaha... more like some "relatively" flat rocks in between dirt/mud that you drive over.  The problem is not all of those rocks are flat!  Better have very good tires if you go off a "main" road!  Probably qualifies for some of the roughest "roads" in any decent elk unit.  It's rocky to walk in too...

& yes, they'll probably never post again. 

3 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

hunted that unit for years before moving on from Jaycox to Twin Arrows, from Grapevine to Marshall Lake.  Roads?  hahaha... more like some "relatively" flat rocks in between dirt/mud that you drive over.  The problem is not all of those rocks are flat!  Better have very good tires if you go off a "main" road!  Probably qualifies for some of the roughest "roads" in any decent elk unit.  It's rocky to walk in too...

& yes, they'll probably never post again. 

Definitely some rocky roads in that unit.... very fun unit to hunt though.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:23 PM, eastvalleyjerry said:

Definitely some rocky roads in that unit.... very fun unit to hunt though.

the bull/pic in my avatar was from a 2010 archery hunt.  Lots of good bulls, that one was not that large though, a bit over 300, but taken on day 10.  It was a fun place to hunt once you got over the rocky terrain.  I also lost a tree stand in that unit, taken/cut off a tree (it was chained/locked).  If I ever see it in the field again not sure what I'm going to do, but being home-made it won't be hard to spot.

• Like 1