naturebob

Dad Passes

Bob

My dad, passed a year ago today. It hurts but you'll get through it and remember the good times y'all had.

• Like 1

Well I just got back Home. left the Wifes in Youngstown Ohio at 2 am not much sleep had 1 delay comming home too. Great ceremony , Flag draped casket. Got some great old pics of Him in WWII. will post later ,gotta get some sleep Thanks all for the prayers ,He is now with MOM............BOB!

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I have a few years on you and my dad couldn't serve because his two older brother were in.

Ok i got them down loaded off phone ,hope this all works as i am not to computer smart. I can say there were alot of people in Pennsylvania ,Ohio and NY. there and all so  impressed with with how long Dad lived healthy with a memory and great health til 4 months ago. A lot of folks here in AZ.too.. I am so proud to be his son. We were poor but He allways found a way to take Me an Him hunting since I was about 7-8 years old .{left the 4 sisters at home}, Allways had an old car ,never a truck. Born in 1920 Dad cried 20 years ago when He told me He had to quit school in the 5th grade to help find food and clothing for his 4 younger sisters. {all Whom He out lived,} That was 1930 prime of the Great Depresion. . Gamps was a Mechanic and went on the road to find what ever work he could and send home $. Gram. was a seamstress and sewed rag together and thats what they whore, and She sold clothes to others. They lost their house and were living with grandparents. This was all in Brookville PA. now right on I 80 inthe central mtns. of PA. After the War they all moved to Erie Pa. to work in the facktories. I have so Many WWII stories Dad told me about 20 years ago We need all night around the campfire to hear them. Dad was in Africa and India in the war . These pics are from India and then back home ,some with Me and Him Thanks all and enjoy Your Dad. I was blessed to have him healthy till 98.There are so many good stories I want to tell but I cant type long enough. Again thanks and enjoy..Some pics are sideways I dont know why They are noy on My screen when I download em or were they taken sideways...........Robert Richard  Baughman JR. 

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1247.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

• Like 4

Can some one help rotate these I tried ,Gotta go to Bed .........BOB!

Bob,sorry for your loss.I lost my father 13 years ago,and have so many memories of him.No one will be able to take them away,so until you see your mom and him again,enjoy the memories.It will get easier.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss! America's greatest generation! Glad you got to spend time with him before he was gone. Prayers for you and yours!

• Like 1

Been 3 weeks This hour since Dad passed. Even at His age of 98 and mine of 62 I still Miss Him Dearly. When I drive Semi To SO. CAL. everyday is when I would call Him on the phone. He had the same # for 63 years. Somedays the trip across the desert, i really miss talking to Him. Still got his # on speed dial. Think I will keep any way ..Peace to all and Spend that time with Your Pop if You can. When I went back 7 weeks ago to visit him for the last time its 9 days I will never forget.................BOB!

It sill hurts  but got some advice  from a buddy  tonite .  Be humlble, There is no $ in volved. We were poor. . The only issue is  Dads WWII jacket  I thought  as the only son it should go to  Me .  I had 4 sisters . Who should the jacket go to to?

24 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Seems like you should get it if you want it, don't be shy in asking for it.

Especially if you can provide valid reasoning!

Bob, if I didn't know better I would think that pic of pops in his red and black flanel with a deer hanging next to him was my wife's grandpa.  My wifes pap was also a great man. I was more moved at his funeral then I was my own grandpa.  As soon as I saw that pic I instantly had a flashback of old "pappy barnett". How many pics of old timers with red flannel shirts are out there do you think? I bet hundresds of thousands.

• Like 2

So sorry for your loss. But he obviously lived a very full life. 

As for the jacket, I'd just try and be clear and honest that it has sentimental value to you. I hope your sisters will understand. 

• Like 2