Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Missouri Snows

Welp, we got locked out with bad weather on our recent trips to Missouri.   Guide said birds were stale, and the weather was holding up the migration, but we were already in town visiting the in-laws and our time was limited.  I canceled 2 days of the hunt, and gambled on the last day, just to give it an effort.  Guide wanted us to hunt a week later for fresh birds, but we had to get home.   Saw probably a couple hundred thousand geese, but they were not decoying as they had been there for a while.  Still, we got off a few volleys.

good times with the boy anyways.

DAD5AE7C-AB28-4C23-A78A-F90422AC2AFE.jpeg

• Like 2

Glad you got some.  Any day you can kill an adult snow goose is a good day. Big storm rolling through today and tomorrow.  That’s the only way to kill adult snows consistently is a blizzard or fog.  E callers in the spring make for awesome fog or whiteout hunts! Back when I was in college at ND state I would track the spring blizzards and just skip class and go where the birds and blizzard would meet!   Shot 57 adult birds in 2 hours one morning by myself.   Woulda had 3-400 if there woulda been a big group of shooters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Glad you got some.  Any day you can kill an adult snow goose is a good day. Big storm rolling through today and tomorrow.  That’s the only way to kill adult snows consistently is a blizzard or fog.  E callers in the spring make for awesome fog or whiteout hunts! Back when I was in college at ND state I would track the spring blizzards and just skip class and go where the birds and blizzard would meet!   Shot 57 adult birds in 2 hours one morning by myself.   Woulda had 3-400 if there woulda been a big group of shooters. 

We had hopes!!

16 minutes ago, bojangles said:

We had hopes!!

Sounds like you missed it by a few days!!! It’s really tough to have good snow goose hunting and live far away.  I live right in the middle of it and I would say that I only have a real barn burner once ever couple years.  There’s a whole lot of zero and single digit hunts in there for every one you see with a giant pile!!!

• Like 1