CatfishKev

GOOD NEWS!

I heard there are elk permits left for 35A and 36C too!!!  Maybe even a few left for 42 as well.

14 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

I heard there are elk permits left for 35A and 36C too!!!  Maybe even a few left for 42 as well.

Sweet! Elk in my home unit. Lets put in together! Never seen one here but it could happen!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Book your room at the hunting lodge at the Elkhorn Ranch early

• Haha 1

I bought one of those tags last year when I was drawn for the early deer hunt. It overlapped and the plan was to finish deer hunting quick because 12a is easy to kill a big deer, then to try to find the elk. 

The plan didn't work so well. We got one decent deer quick, then busted tail for 6 days to find a dinky deer. By then my buddies knee was shot so we headed home without taking a real shot at finding the elk. 

If anyone is planning on hunting this elk hunt, PM me and I will give advice on what i learned.

Elkhorn ranch is in 36c, I stay at the Bed bug bordello in 35A. I always leave a little bit itchy though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MT_Sourdough said:

688 tags for an area with 50 head.  C'mon...  who can resist that opportunity.  Oh yea, it takes a whole day just to get there.  Yippee!

If they really wanted them all gone they would issue a free elk tag with every deer tag so you could hunt both while on the deer hunt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

If they really wanted them all gone they would issue a free elk tag with every deer tag so you could hunt both while on the deer hunt.

Probably 8 to 10 yrs back if you had a deer tag you could buy a elk a Buffalo tag for $125.00 each. Last I heard the elk herd was about 19 elk. I've only seen tracks once 10 yrs back.. You no its all about the Benjamin's 

9 hours ago, MT_Sourdough said:

688 tags for an area with 50 head.  C'mon...  who can resist that opportunity.  Oh yea, it takes a whole day just to get there.  Yippee!

They know they won't all sell out even at that price but if they did and achieved the 5% success rate that would only be 34 elk out of an expected 40-50.

6 hours ago, bonecollector said:

The sad part is somebody actually put that hunt on their application and used points for it.

Thats exactly what i thought