Sign in to follow this  
Sea 2'er

Unit 10 CHAMP Hunt

I drew the CHAMP Elk hunt this year for Unit 10 which starts in early November.   

Was interested in hearing from those that may have hunted there during this time frame.  I’ve spoke with several folks that have had the December hunts and it sounded like the bulls are broken up and have been pressured into other units/areas. 

Considering hunting the Big Bo Ranch as an option as well.  Planning a scouting trip for early August  

PMs welcome  

Bob

They don't go far. Get out and scout. You will find broken bulls in every area that time of year. Get out and scout.

I suggest paying for the BO access and not limiting yourself on where you can and can't go.  That would be frustrating.  

My son will be assisting me on this hunt.  Just looking at some quality times together (like his 6A youth cow hunt a few years ago) 

we’ll get on the Bo for sure and pre-scout.  

Will you be hunting from the vehicle? If not how mobile are you? Only asking because it could be pertinent info for those with info that are willing to share. 

• Like 1

I can hike ‘ok’, limited but can hike. but my son will be doing the heavy lifting for me.  Metal in the back...

my interest for this hunt is to spot from above and try to get within rifle range;  not inerested in using a truck as a primary means.

• Like 1