CatfishKev

How much you gotta spend?

Want to buy an e caller. Im real brand new to predator hunting so im in new territory. I see cheap stuff on camofire, was in cal ranch tonight and almost got a FoxPro until i saw the price $400?!? Seems steep. There was one for like $60 but....

Has it proved to be worth that price? If its a once in a loooong while purchase i could see it.

I’m in the same boat. From my research sounds like fox pro is what everyone recommends. A lot of cheaper units have terrible distortion?

2 Christmas ago I bought my 12 year old son a fox pro inferno for around $200. We have been real happy with it. It would be nice to have a little more volume for windy days but overall pretty good. Only complaint we have is trying to load new sound files onto it. It is not easy at all. At least not for us. 

I made the mistake of buying bargain callers twice before i got a fox pro. There are some other callers that are as good, but at the same price point 

Yes sir, I believe mine is the fox pro 3x, easy to load calls, the best part any problems they'll fix it or send you a new one. Mines like 15 yes old and still works great. Oh ya get the jack in the box attachment

I’d say it was well worth the money. It’s called in coyotes, Fox, deer, javelina, bobcat, turkey, cows, and more birds than I care to count. It might of even called in lions but I can’t verify that.

• Like 1

I have had better luck with Icotec. I'm not a FoxPro fan and I own one. There sounds are also the most used because they are the most widely produced and sold caller. So I think that has something to do with me having better luck using Icotec in my area. Not as many hunters have one(different sounds), but it seems almost anyone who has a electronic call, has a FoxPro.  Also, my FoxPro quit working, as have a few co workers of mine as well. Not saying they are horrible but I definitely don't think they are the best by far.

Edit- FoxPro will fix there calls but they aren't lifetime warranty. You will pay for it after a certain period of time. It wasn't worth it to fix mine. Why I went with the Icotec.  

Look for a used foxpro scorpion. Small unit (just like Adam), so it doesn't work super well for wide open spaces, but works very well in smallish areas. I've killed a bunch of stuff with mine.

I picked up a fox pro hellfire a few years back for under 200. I’ve had several other fox pro all in one molded plastic style. This horn style is much clearer and louder. Plus you can Make your own rechargeable battery packs for cheap that are great for extended trips or extended calling