CatfishKev

How much you gotta spend?

On 3/16/2019 at 5:00 PM, CatfishKev said:

Want to buy an e caller. Im real brand new to predator hunting so im in new territory. I see cheap stuff on camofire, was in cal ranch tonight and almost got a FoxPro until i saw the price $400?!? Seems steep. There was one for like $60 but....

In fact amazon has a heck fire “used” for 179. I’ve had great luck buying amazon used 

23577853-8618-4ED2-8103-400BEF77421E.png

I bought a fox pro fusion for $500 2 months before they dropped the pricing to $400 but I've been very happy with it. The only thing I hate is pulling a battery out of the remote every time I carry it in my pack so it doesn't turn on.

Why does it matter how good the sound is?  A rabbit in the grip of a predator is not going to have pear shaped tones.  The burnham bros. invented the call when they noticed that coyotes came running to the sound of their squeaky wagon wheel.  😏

12 hours ago, oz31p said:

I picked up a fox pro hellfire a few years back for under 200. I’ve had several other fox pro all in one molded plastic style. This horn style is much clearer and louder. Plus you can Make your own rechargeable battery packs for cheap that are great for extended trips or extended calling 

Is making battery packs specific to FoxPro? How did you do it?

Maybe . This model runs off 12v.  I’ll round up the parts needed. It’s not much. Under $30 if I remember right 

On 3/28/2019 at 7:16 AM, CatfishKev said:

Is making battery packs specific to FoxPro? How did you do it?

Muchmore Racing CWTF 7.2V Female Connector with Wire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D0AK56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_h-INCb7XAJJ3W

TalentCell Rechargeable 6000mAh Li-ion Battery Pack for LED Strip and CCTV Camera,12V DC Portable Lithium Ion Power Bank with AC/DC 12.6V 1A Charger, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MF70BPU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_n.INCbK505Y3V

the connector matches the connector in the hellfire. 

• Like 1

I would also look into a lucky duck, I don’t do a ton of calling but a few guys that I know that call a ton use them instead of fox pro.

The battery pack looks interesting. Wasnt sure how that worked. The fusion I saw was all double A's.  

Lucky duck was the other one they had. Think it was $200. I saw they had a couple vids on youtube as well

FoxPro here because of the features, some absolutely help me kill extra coyotes. 

FoxBang is extremely useful when a shot rings out and a new, screaming, preset call is automatically activated. I have had many coyotes come sprinting in right after watching their partner get shot, instead of bugging out, and all I have to focus on is the crosshairs or bead on the next one. 

I will use FoxFusion to naturally blend transitions from one call to the next or just throw in a second sound here and there without screwing anything up or losing any existing interest. The FoxMotion and FoxPitch make the overused and overrated sounds (Lightning Jack) come to life again as well. I've convinced a lot of hung up coyotes to get in for a shot using the above.

• Like 1