Sign in to follow this  
Sako300

Jim white head or outdoorsmans pan?

Looking to buy either head. Which in your guys opinion would be better suited for 15xs and 85mm spotter? If anyone has one used let me know! Thanks Daniel

• Like 1

Possibly will be using btx on 85. So one head that will cover binos and btx/stx that isn’t super heavy and will last years of use. Thanks guys 

Save your money and get a manfrotto 700rc2. I think they’re better, as do a lot of people, and they’re under $100

I will say different.  I have owned the Jim White, 128, 700rc2, Outdoorsman micro and The outdoorsman.  I know only use the 128 on my close to the truck set up and The Outdoorsman on my pack in set up.  Of the 5 heads, I thought the 700rc2 was the worst by far.  Just my opinion, go to the outdoorsman and compare the heads for yourself.  Everyone has their likes and dislikes.  

I rank.

1. 128 but it's heavy

2.Outdoorsman

3. Jim White

4 Micro pan head

5 700rc2

Manfrotto mvh500ah it's not the lightest but it's great does exactly what I need it to nice and smooth but sturdy for my btx my binos  and works great with the Claw on it for my kids to shoot off of it.

• Like 1

I use the manfrotto mvh500, its a little bulky and heavy but its super smooth. Im looking into getting the promaster cine. Its a fluid head and will handle the 85 just fine. I didnt like the outdoorsmans with a spotter.

ProMaster CH60 CINE Quick Release Tripod Head (7517) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07939S6X4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BMMJCb9RDZF6W