Flatlander

New 1/2 Ton - What would you pick?

5 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Off-road, I dislike the low hanging, perch belly frame of the Chevy, and also that the shock hangers are below axle level.

You should see how low the DEF tank sits on the new diesels

2 hours ago, Tac said:

Ford Raptor?? 

Bad butt, but definitely out of my price range. They want $10k over invoice for those. That’s a non starter.

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

You should see how low the DEF tank sits on the new diesels

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Off-road, I dislike the low hanging, perch belly frame of the Chevy, and also that the shock hangers are below axle level.

Id take a Chevy diesel over a 1/2 ton because of how low the frame sits. I seen pictures on a new 2018 Silverado 1/2 high centered on a dumb little hill.........pretty embarrassing but funny HAHA.

6 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Bad butt, but definitely out of my price range. They want $10k over invoice for those. That’s a non starter.

And they have an awful tow capacity because of the independent suspension. I think it’s like 6k pounds.0

Just landed in Spokane. Headed out to look at an F-150 that meets all the criteria tomorrow AM. Hoping for a long drive home instead of a flight.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Just landed in Spokane. Headed out to look at an F-150 that meets all the criteria tomorrow AM. Hoping for a long drive home instead of a flight.

Dang! The farthest I’ll go to buy a truck is about 10 miles...Lol.  Good luck!

Kinda crazy to think of it, but the Chevy Silverado is a pretty distant 4th when it comes to half ton trucks.

• Like 1

Hey Flatlander my son has had 2 ram 1500 trucks and both seemed to be great overall, I havnt owned a 1/2 truck since 1994 so I'm not much help other than that. He has towed with his 2016 and it does very well . Empty that thing really gets after it , lots of low end power like most gas trucks. 

8 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I think if it was me I would be leaning to the tundra like whitemountainman 

I think I would as well. A used Tundra with 200+ miles is still like 18k from what I can tell. They hold their value well.