Flatlander

New 1/2 Ton - What would you pick?

Very nice!  You’re gonna grin the first few times you pass someone on a two lane highway and you go from 65 to 85 in a few seconds when the turbo spools up!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 5:49 AM, yotebuster said:

Very nice!  You’re gonna grin the first few times you pass someone on a two lane highway and you go from 65 to 85 in a few seconds when the turbo spools up!

Try 75-95. Holy cow, this thing just hauls butt.  Too much so. Got pulled over twice on the drive home from Washington.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a different kind of power, way more like a diesel then a gas pickup.  It’s tempting to put along at 65 because you’ll get 21-23mpg with them but man it’s nice to be able to set the cruise at 82 on the interstate and have it rarely shift when climbing hills or bucking wind.  

My only major complaint about these pickups is the auto start stop on them.  Drives me absolutely crazy.  I was just dealing with it until I saw this.  So simple and takes literally 2 seconds.  I have a feeling this is coming on all gas vehicles in the near future to bump up their mileage numbers.  I was to the point I was considering trading for a diesel (a thought I didn’t want to entertain in ND winters!) until I saw this video.  

Its hard to really make a good decision based on most peoples opinion as a lot are fans of one type or the other and wont be honest regardless of how bad or good one brand or model might be. I've owned a chevy, dodge and Ford. Cant say any of them were bad. They all had good over the others but nothing glaring. Right now, the Ecoboost really is the big thing and for good reason. But I don't think you would go wrong with the others had you chosen them. Its more personal preference anymore then just mechanics. Each has bad years and each has good years. I look for who's peaking with a good setup at the time I buy. Being blindly loyal is not a good thing. I think your new ride will do everything you want or need it too! 

On 3/27/2019 at 6:43 AM, yotebuster said:

My only major complaint about these pickups is the auto start stop on them.  Drives me absolutely crazy.  I was just dealing with it until I saw this.  So simple and takes literally 2 seconds.  I have a feeling this is coming on all gas vehicles in the near future to bump up their mileage numbers.  I was to the point I was considering trading for a diesel (a thought I didn’t want to entertain in ND winters!) until I saw this video.  

But, but, we need to save the planet so New York and LA dont get flooded.  I suppose that you eat a lot of beans and fart also.  😱

Got it leveled and a new set of shoes. Looks a lot less like my grandpa’s truck now.

Before:

E5E79275-70E9-4DD2-B505-2CA4FA7F1C65.thumb.jpeg.5b1a83799cb637ebe00d7af7230b60cc.jpeg

After:

123A72B0-3286-4736-998A-706A72C443AA.thumb.jpeg.a25f2dce9d70782ea8902356893b3a4c.jpegA90ABC30-ADF1-4894-ABB1-D468AE32DF58.thumb.jpeg.b341e9d93edbbb6d8d2ad9758851c346.jpeg

• Like 5

What kit/blocks did you use and who did you have do it? Every time I start to think about it on mine, someone scares me off with fears of increased front end wear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

What kit/blocks did you use and who did you have do it? Every time I start to think about it on mine, someone scares me off with fears of increased front end wear.

CT Racing Raptor from this site installed my Rancho coils. If it was just blocks I might worry about front end wear but with the coils i’m not as worried.

I’ve never had any front end or tire wear issues, as long as you rotate your tires, balance them and have a proper alignment done.    Just my .02 cents though...

• Like 2