What do you carry with your 15x's?   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Choose all that apply.

• Nothing, just 15x's.
    • 8x Binoculars
    • 10x Binoculars
    • Spotter
    • Other

15’s and a tripod is all I carry in the field.  No need for two sets of bino’s.  I use a spotter but it never gets far from the truck, too much junk to haul.

I'm surprised in so many 10x votes and relatively few 8x. Anyone with experience on the combo care to share any additional thoughts either way?

• Like 1

Fair enough! One guess I had was that most people had good 10's as their primary optic, then upgraded to the 15's to reach out when they could afford to. Reason for my follow post is to see if any had 8's, felt disadvantaged, and went back to 10's. Granted most aren't hunting coues in Arizona, but based on reviews on other forums, it seemed like 15x and 8x was a very popular combination, our poll here showed otherwise.

25 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Fair enough! One guess I had was that most people had good 10's as their primary optic, then upgraded to the 15's to reach out when they could afford to. Reason for my follow post is to see if any had 8's, felt disadvantaged, and went back to 10's. Granted most aren't hunting coues in Arizona, but based on reviews on other forums, it seemed like 15x and 8x was a very popular combination, our poll here showed otherwise.

That was my situation, I went with a pair of all purpose 10ss before getting a pair of 15s

I carry 10s, 15s and a spotter right now.  I as still in good enough shape that it isn't a big deal.  I am sure as I get older and slower I will probably lose the spotter.  It gets used the least.

Figured I'd update my post. I ended up with going with matching 10x's and have no regrets. I used them just as much if not more than my 15x's and contrary to my concern, each have their place considering field of view. 

Although, having documented a hunt of a lifetime this past fall, I now want a spotter after digiscoping with a friend's Swaro 65. I'm going to wait a year or two to see if the want waivers but I keep finding myself going back to the pictures the last couple months and each brings me right back to the moment. 

PassedSheep.thumb.jpg.58fc62de63f4f60baa56e9f1c9874691.jpg

It's not as big of an issue for scouting, but carrying 10x's, 15x's, and spotter together several days this year makes one definitely see the appeal for 12x's & spotter on hunting days. 

• Like 3