Sign in to follow this  
FB67

AxisWorks builds a Great 300 Win

I was looking for a lightweight 300 Win asked Eric at AXIS works if he could figure it out, he did.  

6 pounds 12 ounces without Scope and Bipod

9 pounds 4 ounce with SIghtron SIII 6 x 24 x 50 and a Atlas Bipod. Load development this weekend 

Kelbly Atlas action

24 inch Proof Reserch barrel 

McMillian Game Hunter Stock

Trigger Tech trigger 

dtiYqvODR6mgKdqkVVjjOw.thumb.jpg.4ab4f714ca2bf99eb3a1e0bd291f7d7f.jpguiW4sw7rRTSWae7AQImGJg.thumb.jpg.804dea807d6f6d17f5c0a74b445ce529.jpg

• Like 4

WOW, Amazing looking gun!  Eric builds some of the best guns around!  Congrats!

Kelbly Atlas Tac action?  They are like butter smooth.  That thing is going to hammer.  

215s on the menu?

Added some details to the post probably going to go with 210 Berger’s Long Range Boat Tails but maybe some 190 grain pills not sure yet. Never shot 215gr but would give them a go. Thinking H1000 for powder have had good luck with it on other 300 wins.

There is a guy on (Owner) long range only he lives in Montana and has harvested a ton of elk and swears by the 215 Berger. 

Nice rifle!

A 9 pound 300win mag is gonna kick like a mule!

• Like 1

My 9lbs 300wm kicks like a 243 but it has a nice brake. And shoots 215hybrids hole in hole with h1000.

If it did not  have a brake  I wouldn’t shoot it. I had a really old Weatherby 300 Mag no brake at about 9 pounds and it was brutal. I have Ruger M77in 300 Win it is about 10 pounds with a break no issues. My sons who were both under 140 pounds at the time  practiced with it and both killed elk with it. Brakes are a beautiful thing. 

• Like 2

People have just become over sensitive to recoil. I wonder how men shot "magnums" without a brakes for the last 75 years and lived to tell about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

People have just become over sensitive to recoil. I wonder how men shot "magnums" without a brakes for the last 75 years and lived to tell about it.

They didnt shoot them accurately past 300 or 400 yards either. Recoil isnt about how tough you are. Smh

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I did for a good while. But now I prefer to be very accurate and watch my own hits 

• Like 1

I shot a few deer and a bighorn sheep with a Remington 660 in 308 no brake 3x9 redfield scope killed everything I shot, 250 was the longest shot  and never felt recoil on a hunt. I absolutely hated sighting it in kicked like heck and just wasn’t fun. Now I shoot a lot more for fun then hunting unfortunately, and brakes make it enjoyable and no question I am a better shot with less recoil. 

• Like 1