Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Elk Back Pack

I've already have the frame pack (Alps Outdoorz commander) for packing out meat , but was also in the market upgrade my backpack for the actual hunt  for putting my(scouting, tripod, Binos, game bags etc... ) with straps probably internal frame.... that could also be use latter for mule deer hunts etc... ...any recommendations would be appreciated ...

I have a eberlestock team elk pack that I like. Has two long vertical pockets, one on each side. One holds my 65mm spotter and the other one can fit a tripod depending on which you use.  Also a great meat pack. I have the Dragonfly too but it's a heavy pack.  Keep an eye on camofire.

• Like 2

Midway USA has two great deals with Badlands Packs on clearance sale.  One is a quiet minimalist pack for $70 (1/2 price) and the other is a smart mid sized all day pack for $133.  Both are free of shipping and taxes, so you can get both for a little over $200.  

I ordered the Ascent mid sized pack, but I am becoming the Imelda Marcos of backpacks.  I probably have close to 20 different packs altogether.  

• Like 1

I have a badlands summit. It is a big pack but it was nice to stick lots or meat in this year during deer season. 

The badlands 2200 is a little smaller but still a good size pack. My buddy uses one of those. 

• Like 1

I have three different Eberlestock packs.  Not the lightest, but have hauled a lot of gear and game for me.

Team Elk (heavy, but hauls some stuff including rifle scabbard, and lots of gear.  Works great for elk and deer hauling too)

X2 (Taylor's pack, better fit for smaller frames. Big enough for elk rear quarters too)

Blue Widow (Great hauler pack.  Not as many pockets, no scabbard, but very comfortable and big)  you can add a separate scabbard easily

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, CatfishKev said:

Yoshi,  what hunt do you have? You may not need to even spend money.

Rifle Early December hunt...22 north

On 3/22/2019 at 5:57 AM, wannakillabigbull said:

What's your budget?

Initially 100 ...but after reviewing ...200-250 tops...but if you think that is better to spend a little more...I would appreciate the input... but do want to keep o using it for my other hunts

Don't go cheap if you want your pack to be:  comfortable, durable, able to do what you expect.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Don't go cheap if you want your pack to be:  comfortable, durable, able to do what you expect.

Would definitely need to be in the 300-400 range?