Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Expo

Anyone go to the expo yesterday?  Just wondering if it improved???

• Like 1

I went yesterday.  It had way more rvs and the boats are in the main building this year.  There are less vendors overall.  Depending on what you’re going for it wasn’t as good.

It's gotten too expensive for a show overrun with rvs, boats, kitchen gadgets and the like. I liked it when it was at the Coliseum in the old days and was mostly hunting and fishing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, StickFlicker said:

It's gotten too expensive for a show overrun with rvs, boats, kitchen gadgets and the like. I liked it when it was at the Coliseum in the old days and was mostly hunting and fishing.

Sad. Were there many Outfitters there from out of AZ, MX or other destinations?

Most outfitters were from out of state. It seems like the only in state one I saw was from the Apache res. 

Definitely a lot about RVs and boats. Less about hunting and fishing. Of those two fishing dominated the scene. 

The taxidermy was neat neat to see though. A buddy of mine won a blue ribbon for his first ever water fowl. 

There used to be lots of booths from Arizona vendors, and lots of Arizona's non-profit wildlife organizations had booths. They've all been priced out of the market now. It just became crazy expensive to have a booth there for the average company or organization. I used to enjoy talking with the various African outfitters, but their prices were usually among the most expensive of all the African companies I've seen (I assume to help pay for appearing at these expensive trade shows). Sad, I used to really look forward to it each year.

Even Eastmans backed out of the Phoenix show this year. The hunting part is allmost gone. Sad that a metro area of 5 Million cant have a decsent hut expo First year i didn't go either.......BOB!

• Like 1

I went last year and this year.  There were a lot less  vendors for outdoor products ( as in new) than  I had seen last year.  I actually had purchased a couple UTV products there  last year and had told my buddy who went  with me they would have a show discount.  But, they were't there.  There was definitely  less fishing outfitters too.   I was done in an hour and a half, and that was with chatting with the folks at Tailhunters for 15 minutes.

I agree with StickFlicker's assessment that its pricing out a lot of exhibitors.  I know I will not be going back, having to pay for parking way out in BFE, and then $12.00 to get in.  I guess that's what happens when you move a venue  to Snottsdale.

• Like 1