CatfishKev

Confidence building in teens, what have you done?

Get professional help.  Not internet help.  For yourself first, not her.  She is probably a sweetheart, we need more of them.

• Like 3

Can't give any professional advice , I'm only an electrician, but the social media is one of the biggest problems. Give your support on anything she wants to do.

• Like 1

Don't try to fight their battles for them......just teach them solid life skills and they will be fine!

Every year in my wood shop class I hatch out 20-30 chicks in the spring.......and I teach about the importance for the chick to fight it's own way out of the shell because this gives it the strength to survive! If you help the chick during this process it most likely will die!

• Like 1

Tell her don't be afraid of an butt-kicking.  Everyone I know has had one a time or two....or several.  I know I have had more than my fair share.  Sometimes it hurts to do what is right.  I bet she is tougher than she thinks.

• Like 2

No, not trying to fight her battles for her and yes I also think she's stronger thinks he thinks. She's an absolute sweetheart and one of  the most loving kids I've ever met, she just lets herself be pushed around too much

I remember a few years ago visiting my sister back east. My niece has a daughter who is blind. I remember her saying (very sincerely) I wish I could give Alura one of my eyes so that she could see too. It put tears in me and my wife's  eyes.

I talked with her about some of the places in town, told her whatever she wants to do I will support her. Planning on visiting some of the gyms this week.

• Like 1

We'll on the bright side you can always give her a broom and tell her to get in the Kitchen were she belongs ;)

seriously kids are kids, dont force them to do anything they dont want to do. I been fortunate with our 2 girls, we had some problems where kids would pick on them thats life. we just told them kick there butt and dont back down from them. when I say WE it was my wife who said it 1st. we would back them up 100% from the school bullshit if it followed and if you got suspended you wouldnt be in trouble from us.

3 weeks later she clocked the kid, kid went crying like a bitch. called into the office and I laughed said good for her . that will teach HIM from picking on girls. Same deal with our other other daughter. told her from day one stand up for your self. dont take shoot from anyone and we will back her up 100% if she didnt start it.

problem is , is that bullying policy at school. they got these kids so pussy whipped its ridiculous, they get suspended for being picked on ( you know everyone gets the participation trophy deal.)

our boy on the other hand has Downsyndrom he has never been picked on at school, never been made fun of at school. when someone attempts to all his friends back him up. when he 1st started in school I was always worried that he would be picked on or teased and it never happened. kids are pretty cool.

• Like 1