Sign in to follow this  
BillyR

Unit 10 Elk

Hi,

New to the forum. I drew a Cow Tag for Unit 10 in December. Anyone have any insight? I've scouted around that area some, obviously need a lot more now!

My dad had a cow tag there last year, except it was mid October.  It was I believe a 700 tag hunt.  I will never do that hunt again.  I'm not sure how many tags your is but most of our time there was trying to get away from other hunters.  Most hunters will be in the area north of willams.  I didn't buy access to the big bo ranch but that's something you definitely should look into since the elk will be spread everywhere buy then.  Make sure your ready for extreme cold and snow.

had that tag several years ago. We scouted an area before the hunt saw tons of elk. We got there and got camp set up in the area we saw all the elk. We spent the rest of the hunt trying to locate them because they where no where to be found. Really tough hunt for sure and dont do a ton of scouting until closer to your hunt because pressure and weather will change where they are at big time.