Sign in to follow this  
mattobertin

Late 08 rifle javelina hunt pics!

100_1058.jpgom/albums/ee48/mattobertin/100_1057.jpg[/img]100_1052.jpgums/ee48/mattobertin/100_1053.jpg[/img]ms/ee48/mattobertin/100_1054.jpg[/img]Went out opening weekend and had a great time to say the least. Saturday my buddy Brian and his brother Andrew and I got out of camp a little late (11:00am) due to some serious partying the night before. We all three went into our area where we spotted some pigs during archery deer season and all came in from different directions. Brian called me on the radio and we were BS'n and he says I got to go I see pigs! About 2 minutes later I hear three shots and Brian laughing and screamin! Made my way over to him and he had a nasty OLD boar down. He shot him from 200 yards give or take a few and shot the thing directly in the musk gland! Needless to say this thing was ripe! (his pic is on the bottom) Then after cleaning his pig we tried to fill mine and andrew's tag with no avail. We went home on Sunday with one pig. I decided I had to get back out before the season ended on Thursday so Wed. afternoon I went out by myself on a mission to have a good time! Hunted the heck out of the area where Brian shot his figuring they would be back in there but nada. Decided I needed to go to an area that I had shot an archery pig in 2 seasons ago. Got there at about 5:15pm and started walking and glassing rather hastily trying to roust something up before dark. Get into it about 15 minutes and put my glasses up on top of the hill and see some pigs! I made my way up to them and got about 80-100 yards and see one looking right at me so I took him out with the ole 30-06! Ended up dragging him out in the dark through cacti and down a VERY steep hill with no light but a headlamp. Anyway had a dang good time and was reminded why I keep putting in for javelina year after year, they are a absolute riot to hunt! Next year though it will be back to the archery equiptment. Hope you like the pics!

Congratulations on your pig and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ