Coach

What's your favorite CWT thread?

Threads like this recently resurrected one that have some substance to them without the barrage of insults, name-calling and personal attacks that have become all too common here lately. 

• Like 1

That was a great thread.  The ones where you can actually learn something are the best.  

Outdoor Writer is one I really listen to.  I wish he would post more.  There's so much to learn from people like him.  There was a thread either here or on another forum from him that talked about the history of other things about Arizona that I really liked.  He would talk about something and someone else would add to it or remind us of something else from the past and others would go back and forth with stories and interesting facts.  I was a lurker then but I would have a lot to add to it now.  The thread was a lot of talk about Phoenix in the old days and stores that are now closed like Yellow Front and other changes and the way things were in the state that was real interesting.

• Like 2

If you didn't catch the thread I posted from a remote hilltop in 22S on 9/15/17 asking for help from our CWT brethren to butcher and pack out meat, here it is again.

I was looking for help packing out a 6x6 Bull for a disabled vet. I had no cell reception and it was dark and we were exhausted 2nd to last day of the hunt. All I could do was post directions before returning to Camp for the night.

When we drove to the parking area the next morning before sunrise, there in the headlights were a half dozen men gathered round chatting. My hunting companion had no idea what was going on.

"Tim, why are all these people here?" He asked as we pulled in.

"John, they're here to thank you for your service to our country."

I pretended not to notice the tears rolling down his face as we parked and I had a few of my own to wipe away.

Thanks again everyone who drove out on such short notice.

post-11051-0-13433600-1505584398_thumb.jpg.35a41d0bc2ad18f9499bd12279e59d4d.jpg

• Like 8

Tim, that was a special post! CWTers putting others 1st again ...

• Like 2

Hard to beat the time when CWT came together the last week of December, 2017 to help the Hunts for Heroes veteran tag out on the 37B desert sheep!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Lv2hnt said:

Hard to beat the time when CWT came together the last week of December, 2017 to help the Hunts for Heroes veteran tag out on the 37B desert sheep!

Now there's a memory. That is the event that got me involved with CWT. Edge's 22 bull recovery was great also. I got to play pack mule on that one. I've written a few myself and read those written by others. I can't say that I have a favorite. However, as a group, the posts involving the disabled veterans are my favorites. They really show that the hunting community as a whole can join together and do something that really makes a difference.

• Like 2

Mine are any of the ones were a member needs help and we all come together as a family and help them out. Wounded warriors, youth needing help, ect...

• Like 4