Sign in to follow this  
jcarter

Need help pricing an outboard motor

2006 Yamamha 8HP, 4 stroke. Tiller arm. works flawlessly 

I cant find any newer motors for sale on craigslist to compare this to. most the outboards are from the 80's

Any idea of what this is worth , I will be selling it.   Thanks in advance 

55875483_417126095730767_6021074713361514496_n.jpg

56201148_390982118152445_6926933721824100352_n.jpg

• Like 1

I have the same motor and year.  Not many hours. I paid 1300 for it about 7 years ago. Great motor 

Ok ok $510

😁 heck I wouldn't know what to do without that cloud of smoke in my little 12 foot boat and the 400 pulls of the Rope 😂

• Like 1

Lol not saying I got a good deal but I really wanted that motor. It sits in my basement all year until June when I dust it off and put it on the lake. Choke, 3rd or 4th pull and starts up. At the end of the summer I treat it with Stabil and put it away. 

• Like 2

I would think you could get $800-$1000 for it, but I’m not a expert.

You guys keep throwing up numbers?  The NADA guide that is already posted is the way to go.  Note that is retail so expect a few hundred less.  That said, I notice everybody starts up near the original retail price and then get all insulted when you quote the NADA values.  

The 100 per pony is about right for a new motor, 4 strokes with all the new emissions requirements a little more but when all said and done it will only bring what the market will bear 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Tub said:

You guys keep throwing up numbers?  The NADA guide that is already posted is the way to go.  Note that is retail so expect a few hundred less.  That said, I notice everybody starts up near the original retail price and then get all insulted when you quote the NADA values.  

Ya imo Nada values are overrated, all depends on what your current market brings

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Ya imo Nada values are overrated, all depends on what your current market brings

😁 Ok fine $525 but don't tell my wife!!! Or better yet a pair of Cabela's Euro HD 10x42. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ed67 said:

Lol not saying I got a good deal but I really wanted that motor. It sits in my basement all year until June when I dust it off and put it on the lake. Choke, 3rd or 4th pull and starts up. At the end of the summer I treat it with Stabil and put it away. 

You Have a basement in AZ?