Sign in to follow this  
AZbowhntr

ATV trailer recommendations

So I am finally breaking down and buying a side by side and will be needing a trailer.  I am hoping to buy a used one to save a few $ but what are everyone's recommendations that have them already and where did you buy them?  Any brands better than others out there.  Thanks for any input.

I've got a PJ and its bullet proof.  Heavy, but tough.  Are you going single or double axle?

When I do it all over I am getting a single axle with brakes. A dual axle cannot be moved without connecting to a vehicle. 

Also expanded metal sides so you do not lose stuff while towing. 

I suggest two feet more than the actual SxS.

1 hour ago, More D said:

When I do it all over I am getting a single axle with brakes. A dual axle cannot be moved without connecting to a vehicle. 

Also expanded metal sides so you do not lose stuff while towing. 

I suggest two feet more than the actual SxS.

Exactly what he said single axle for that very reason 

I have a Playcraft 12x6 single axle. My CanAm Defender fits good with plenty of room to spare. I can move it into my garage by hand without much effort.

I am going single axle.  I looked at the PJ trailer this afternoon at JacksSons in Mesa and they are very nice.  Pretty expensive though.  I am getting the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and the overall length is right at 10' and 5' wide.  I figure I need a minimum of 6'X10' and preferably 6'X12' for extra gear.

Let me know how that Honda 1000-5 is. I have been looking at them for a while and probably will built the bullet this summer and pick one up. 

36 minutes ago, AZbowhntr said:

I am going single axle.  I looked at the PJ trailer this afternoon at JacksSons in Mesa and they are very nice.  Pretty expensive though.  I am getting the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and the overall length is right at 10' and 5' wide.  I figure I need a minimum of 6'X10' and preferably 6'X12' for extra gear.

10’ will be too tight. You’ll regret that purchase. My Can Am Defender is 10’ long also and I have less than 2 feet to spare on my 6x12.

I have a 1000-5 and right now I am hauling it on a 10' x 5.5'.  It is so tight it is crazy.  I am too, looking for a new trailer.  I am going to go with a 12x6.5'.  6' wide will only give you maybe 4" on each side, and that is, if you do not do anything to the wheels or tires or Arms.  PJ is on top of my list. 7712 is perfect IMO

my current one is from Rockland, they can customize what you want for very reasonable prices.  

2 hours ago, rkv09 said:

Let me know how that Honda 1000-5 is. I have been looking at them for a while and probably will built the bullet this summer and pick one up. 

I wasn't going to buy new but there were a few 2018 models still out there for a really good price.  I have been seeing the 2016 used models for the same as what I am paying for a brand new one.  So if you can still find one that is your best deal.  I have a friend that has one and really likes it.  I love the idea of the back seats folding down into the bed and it becoming a full bed that dumps.