JBenz63

New Mexico draw

So I have heard a few people are showing carcass tags on their applications indicating a possible draw. Can anyone else on here validate that? It’s in the review application under the Draw Hunt Application tab.

I am not to sure about the carcass tag "backdoor", it states that I have carcass tags in the mailing status for elk, deer and oryx and none for pronghorn or sheep. I swing for the fences with my New Mexico applications and as much as I would like to have drawn those three tags, I highly doubt it. 

• Like 1

I show mailing for 3 out of my 5 apps. As a non resident I don't think I got 3 tags. Have buddy's that show 6 out of  6 and some that show 1 out of 5 . No correlation and no way 3 guys I know got bighorn sheep tags. I don't think this is a back door. 

• Like 1

4 different portals in my house and everybody's applications still say pending. Are you guys that have a tag on the way applying fourth and fifth choice where you get a management hunt and they stick you in whatever unit that's left over? Anybody have a screenshot of their results

Alright thanks, it sounds like its nothing to be really concerned about. Especially with the inconsistency. Appreciate the feedback from everyone 

The harvest reports are even due till the 7th or 8th. There is no way the draw will be done before that so don’t believe any of this mess w carcass tag showing etc. this only has to do w you choosing an e tag vs a carcass tag. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What’s a carcass tag?

You get a tag for the antlers (head) and one for the meat.   Same as az.  I hope you were being sarcastic 

3 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

You get a tag for the antlers (head) and one for the meat.   Same as az.  I hope you were being sarcastic 

Wasn’t being sarcastic. I’ve never done newmexico and in az I get one tag for the entire animal.

Are you talking transport tag, because you don't get 2 tags for one animal in AZ in less you mean that. And carcass tag does sound weird ..

• Like 2

They are starting to show results on the New Mexico's website my uncle just called and he has a carcass tag in the mail for deer but not elk. In New Mexico you get 2 tags one for the antlers and one for the carcass. Not like Arizona where you only get one tag Andy transportation tag if somebody else is transporting your harvest4you

• Like 2

I think there are gonna be a lot of disappointed people if they actually believe this.... as if just not drawing isn’t disappointing enough...