Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Trail Cam BAN

Prevents or alters how wildlife accesses water sources. One could argue cameras do not do this. There is no way even 50 cameras on a water hole change wildlife behavior. 

Cameras do nothing but good for the wildlife. 

I have still not seen a single place where this is an issue.  I have not been everywhere in the state and I imagine there are a few places that this is an issue, but it is very limited and seems to be really about competition between hunters and not anything to do with fair chase or animal behavior.  More faking of the funk.   

8 hours ago, CouesFanatic said:

Prevents or alters how wildlife accesses water sources. One could argue cameras do not do this. There is no way even 50 cameras on a water hole change wildlife behavior. 

Cameras do nothing but good for the wildlife. 

I don’t think it’s the camera itself, it’s the 50 guys going in all the time to check the cameras.

• Like 3

Mike Whelan is a little late to the party! That got settled last year!  Oh by the way Mike Whelan where were you when all this was coming down last year?

I will put a call into Jay at AZGFD today to ask WHY are you letting guys beat a dead horse! 

There is trail cam etiquette:

1. Wait till midday to check it.

2. If there is a vehicle nearby obviously or usually someone is sitting there pass on checking it.

3. If there is a sign up sportsman on water pass on checking it. 

These are rules I follow . 

• Like 3

I don’t care either way. It was mentioned above about 50 cameras so that’s why I said 50 guys. 

Im sure everyone follows your trail cam etiquette.

Ya I get a kick out of the signs saying hunter on water hole. F that, I'm good with doing away with camera's. Let's be real man and go old school. Jmo

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, cjl2010 said:

Sir royal are you going to pout on here again?

i don’t care either way. It was mentioned above about 50 cameras so that’s why I said 50 guys. 

Im sure everyone follows your trail cam etiquette.

50 guys arent checking cams at same time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Ya I get a kick out of the signs saying hunter on water hole. F that, I'm good with doing away with camera's. Let's be real man and go old school. Jmo

Yeah lets ban laser range finders, long range guns, wind meters, turrets, scopes, 4x4 trucks, utv's and compound bows. Be a real man and shoot them with a hand made bow and arrow with a rock on the end! ....it never ends

• Like 4

If the commission is heck bent on banning trail cams they will eventually find a reason that they all can agree upon, actually Davis really only needs to turn one vote his way he only needs 2 other votes.

7 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

I don’t think it’s the camera itself, it’s the 50 guys going in all the time to check the cameras.

I realize that, I don't think I've even seen a tank even on the strip with more than 10-12 cameras on it. How often do you need to check them? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? It's not like all 10 guys are checking them daily. Even if they were, it's not rear round, probably right before or during the hunt. Don't you think waterholes get that much pressure from archery elk hunters anyways even if cameras were banned? A guy sitting the bank of the waterhole for the two week archery hunt puts more pressure on the game than 10 guys driving in for 10 minutes and checking the cam.

Don't these mouth breathers have anything better to do than to sit around and think up new rules?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wildwoody said:

who is stopping you?