Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Trail Cam BAN

2 hours ago, goinhuntn said:

AZ should do like Nevada, take your camera down a month or so before seasons open. I have personally seen well over 30 cameras on one small tank unit will remain un-named. I don’t run cameras & don’t really care who does, but I have had setups blown because some douche decided to come check his cameras with his buddies while a season is open. I guess it boils down to ethics & etiquette, some hunters have it & a lot of hunters DON’T!!!

There is no good cutoff for this. Which season is the cut off? There are seasons year round. Deer, Elk, Sheep, Bear? I don't see a cutoff date as a reasonable alternative. 

Do we really need to debate this on here every time it comes up? It's always the same arguments and it goes around in circles. Then again what else is this forum for during the off-season?

If you feel so strongly one way or the other then petition game and fish about it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

Unfortunately you are probably right.

It’s always an awkward time between elk results and deer draw odds. Until then I say we continue stirring the pot.

Real hunters don’t use cameras.

Real hunters don't wear flat brimmed hats.....stirring continued

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The arguments posed here are as dumb as teets on a boar hog.  Cams or no cams. going to water sources is a primary function of hunting in AZ.  If you took the cameras out, the people are still going to go to the water sources.  The amount of traffic to water sources is related to the number of hunters not the presence of cameras.   

Second, if people do not respect the fact that somebody is already at a water site and still come in regardless, then, they are jerks and that has nothing to do with cams.  If I am checking cams and see evidence of another hunter at the site, I immediately turn around.  

I'll say it again, nobody has truly posed a legitimate reason for a ban.  Not a single reason,  NOT ONE!

Stirring

• Like 3

18 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

I’ve seen 49

I think the concern would be less that 50 guys would check at one time but more like 50 guys every few hours all week long constantly pushing animals off the tanks.

Deer, elk and other critters dont drink at night?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Deer, elk and other critters dont drink at night?

I used to always drop my feed and check my cameras at night. Seemed to help me get more daytime pictures.

I think people are confusing me as a person who cares.

Government usually fails when it attempts to fix a non-existent problem. Hopefully they will refuse to take action this time. 99% of the state and hunts and cameras have no issues. Leave them alone.

• Like 2

someone needs to revive the popcorn thread before this one gets out of hand. 

41 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

Government usually fails when it attempts to fix a non-existent problem. Hopefully they will refuse to take action this time. 99% of the state and hunts and cameras have no issues. Leave them alone.

Is one outfitter having every deer in a unit catalogued by means of trail cameras having lackeys check cams every single night to try and narrow down a particular bucks pattern and direction a non existent problem?  Then having guys block roads into an area with several guys on every ridge nearby based on trail camera info? Then several guys walk one guy in via radio to kill a big buck. Is that a non existent problem or do you consider this fair chase? 

Sure you can argue number 2 and 3 are separate,  and you are right. But that's how it is done sometimes. I don't have a problem with cams, I just have a problem with things being abused.  

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Is one outfitter having every deer in a unit catalogued by means of trail cameras having lackeys check cams every single night to try and narrow down a particular bucks pattern and direction a non existent problem?  Then having guys block roads into an area with several guys on every ridge nearby based on trail camera info? Then several guys walk one guy in via radio to kill a big buck. Is that a non existent problem or do you consider this fair chase? 

Sure you can argue number 2 and 3 are separate,  and you are right. But that's how it is done sometimes. I don't have a problem with cams, I just have a problem with things being abused.  

I agree.  It is very disappointing how far people will go to beat the system.  Even more, I hate the idea that game and fish have to start acting like an extension of the nanny state all the way out to the backwoods.  I think the game and fish probably do all they can, but they can't be everywhere all the time. 

On the other hand.  If people are repeating the described tactics, I hope they get caught and brought to justice.  

I still believe that most of my fellow hunters are good and honorable people, but when you have so many people in the equation, there is inevitably going to be a few buttheads among them.  Add money into the equation and things can get funny real fast.   

Poachers follow no rules. Why fUkk with the guys that obied by the law? The camera saga is a drop in the bucket.