Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

San Diego 4th of July Suggestions

Looking to do a 1.5 day trip and maybe a 3/4 day trip. Would like to catch Albies (LOL) and Dorado.

I've done a limited on the prowler a while back on the 4th and killed them. Great boat..

On 4/8/2019 at 9:36 PM, wildwoody said:

I've done a limited on the prowler a while back on the 4th and killed them. Great boat..

Is it back in service after the accident?

It's early but they are limiting out on Bluefin on the 1.5 day trips.. Got me itching to go already.

• Like 1

Odds of catching albacore in Mexican or California waters are slim to none.  Better get on that guys' trip to Oregon if you want some of them.  Dorado would also be a bit early for that time but you could get lucky.  I would think yellowtail is a more likely catch, maybe bluefin and possibly some yellowfin tuna. 

Prowler was ripped open like a tin can by a Megayacht.  I doubt anyone is fishing on that boat ever again.

I like fishing with Point Loma Sportfishing and Seaforth.  Lots of good open party boats in their fleets.  Go on their websites and check the schedules for open party trips for the duration that you like.  I would look at the San Diego, the Mission Belle, the Point Loma, the El Capitan and the New Lo Ann for possibilities.

17 hours ago, Big Browns said:

Are there any good shore fishing areas?

You could try Mission Bay, Point Medanos or Dog Beach. 

The San Diego is a great 3/4 day boat. Tuna and yellowtails. You might need a passport depending on where they are fishing. 

I saw a boat out of H&M landing called in with some bluefin today. 

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

I’ve heard good things about some of the kayak fishing outfitters out of San Diego 

Might be ok for Bonefish or Whitefish and that may be a future trip but I am looking primarily for an offshore trip.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, PRDATR said:

Looking to do a 1.5 day trip and maybe a 3/4 day trip. Would like to catch Albies (LOL) and Dorado.

i miss the albacore too.  the best meal in my life was in 2005 on the First String.  the first two 25lb albacore caught on the troll(1 was mine) were donated to the galley.  sashimi 20 minutes after it was caught is sumtin!

lee

• Like 1