Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

San Diego 4th of July Suggestions

2 hours ago, metau said:

I'll be on the Constitution for that weekend, if you are looking to carpool or want to talk coues hunting back home while moving spots. BFT is tough no matter what, but every report I am hearing points to more fish in the water than anyone has seen in our lifetime. It is just a matter of getting on a school that wants to play and having the gear to play ball with them.

Sounds good. I just booked us on the Constitution and rented a couple of Rods with 50# and 2 speed reels. We are taking my sons GMC Sierra which bets better mileage than my 7.3 plus it has a covered bed to keep stuff in. I also am getting some feedback on Bloody Decks which has been a big help too. I was thinking of leaving about 6AM or so on the 4th so we could try and get a decent place to park.

Chris 602-499-0610

• Like 5

120 yellowfin for 30 guys on a 3/4 day boat today. 

• Wow! 1

56 minutes ago, JSR said:

120 yellowfin for 30 guys on a 3/4 day boat today. 

That would be perfect and I'd be happy with just a couple of fish.

50 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

nothing to add can't delete.

good luck,

lee

Thanks Lee. I appreciate your input.

just do what i used to-hook 'em up, enjoy the first 30 seconds of 60mph smokin' drag and then hand it off-'here-fish with this rig for a while'.  pick the greenest greenhorn or youngest kid on deck.  the best fishermen can always get hooked up but how much fishing do you get to do when you are lassoed to a 150lb gorilla on steroids?

anyway just my dos centavos.  wish the heck i was goin'.

lee

if you go as far south as st martin or colnett you might want to have some wire in the box

Not looking to fight anything for more than about 30 minutes. That Redfish in my avatar was 30-35 minutes. Watched my son fight a yellowfin that was about 135 for 30 minutes and a bit later my buddys daughter land a marlin after about 45 minutes. At 66 years old I have caught plenty of fish from Tarpon in Puerto Rico to Grayling in Alaska. I just enjoy it for what it is and am trying to fill my bucket list before the sand runs out of my hourglass and enjoy it with as many people as I can. I usually do catch and release for bucket list fish.

But to me every fish is a trophy and a memory as are the people who where there at the time or the really special times when it was just me, the rod and the fish.

• Like 3