Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Leupold BX5 Santiam 15x56

Anyone know where these fall against the big names in terms of clarity and brightness? They are sending me a pair to replace my gold rings and I'm considering selling them to go higher end. Unless they are close to the meopta then I will probably keep them.

I looked at Zeiss, Swaro, Meopta and the Santiam all 15’s... Swaro and Zeiss were, in my opinion, hands down better for my eyes... I ended up going Zeiss because there wasn’t enough difference between them and swaro to justify the extra several hundred dollars... just my opinion... I spent along time researching them and looking through them... 

On 4/16/2019 at 1:11 PM, 602Huntr said:

I looked at Zeiss, Swaro, Meopta and the Santiam all 15’s... Swaro and Zeiss were, in my opinion, hands down better for my eyes... I ended up going Zeiss because there wasn’t enough difference between them and swaro to justify the extra several hundred dollars... just my opinion... I spent along time researching them and looking through them... 

Definitely wouldn't think they would be a real comparison to the Swaros, really wondering where they fall next to the meopta though... or if they are closer to the kaibabs.

I’ve heard they are right there with Kaibabs. A notch under meopta and zeiss

• Like 1