303 and I-10 for me . if he's heading back to Yuma he can hit the Hwy down to Gila Bend from there..what is that, the 85 or 87?

Okay gents, here is my plan for the weekend. I will be in Tucson Saturday until the afternoon. I’m headed up to Phoenix (Scottsdale area) for anniversary dinner with the wife. I would definitely like to knock out the Phoenix folks in one shot, not sure where would be a good place for everyone to meet. Then headed back down to Tucson and returning to Yuma Sunday in the early afternoon. 

This topic has me intrigued!

My nephew is a Marine, and a few years ago he brought home a couple of MREs for my sons.  We took them out camping and had fun learning about them, heating and eating, and talking about & reflecting on how the soldiers/marines actually have to eat that stuff on a fairly regular basis while deployed.  Was kind of a novelty for the kids and I, which was fun.

That being said, I'm curious as to why so many guys are wanting these (genuinely curious, not questioning)?  Is it a 'food prepper' kind of thing?  Like for long-term planning & food storage?  Or will you guys plan on using them camping/packing/etc.??

S.

I brought out a vet on my January hunts this year and it was like he was institutionalized into loving them.

He treated them like gold but was so excited to share one with me and tell me all about the surprise factor of not knowing exactly what you're going to get in each package.

There was a lot of "those are great, those terrible, man this package should have had X, that will plug you up for a week!" It was interesting and very humbling.  

• Like 2

They’re perfect for throwing in your pack. Just break em down first. You can cut half the size just by getting rid of all the crap u don’t need. 

They last for years, they're not that bad nowadays. Perfect for cars and hunt packs.

OK, now I'm up to 7 cases of MRE's.

Stanley: MRE's are an inexpensive hot meal on the go.  Like el diablo said: break 'em down and take what you need.  Not all the main courses are great dinner fare, but they are loaded with calories and nutrition to keep you going.  At less than $3 per meal, why not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azsugarbear said:

OK, now I'm up to 7 cases of MRE's.

Stanley: MRE's are an inexpensive hot meal on the go.  Like el diablo said: break 'em down and take what you need.  Not all the main courses are great dinner fare, but they are loaded with calories and nutrition to keep you going.  At less than $3 per meal, why not?

Thanks a TON, azsugarbear!!!   Will be in touch!!!

11 minutes ago, stanley said:

Thanks a TON, azsugarbear!!!   Will be in touch!!!

Don't forget the chiklets and square of TP

Gourmet compared to the vintage C rats and govt cheese.

• Haha 1