goma

Backing out of driveway

Has anyone (or perhaps how many of you) have started backing out of your driveway in the morning on the way to work and nearly run over  these? I should have had another cup of coffee

this morning before leaving, luckily I looked beck instead of just left and right as I heard the dogs going nuts barking, and there they were.

goma

0411190559a.jpg

0411190559.jpg

• Like 3

one morning while leaving for work about 4am, I picked up my tipped over trash can and found one trapped inside. I not sure who was more startled. I didn't need coffee that morning, I was wide awake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow! 1

Building the house we had a lot of critters come and go. A calf was born in the living room, the cat killed rabbits and hid them in the bedrooms, and birds loved the attic. The spookiest one was the javelina. Middle of the night the dogs went crazy! I woke up and could smell the musk and knew exactly what it was. A flash light and piece of lumber was all I could grab since I was groggy still. I counted about a dozen but there might of been more. I have doors and windows now so all that crap stays outside.

• Like 4

I remember leaving a friends house, in town, at about 3am after some beers,  As I walked out to my car, I noticed a big Rottweiler standing by the back of my car.  I had to walk around the Rottweiler to get to my car door.  I didn't look directly at it as to ignore it and not excite it.  As I passed by within arms reach, it started to run away.  My ears noticed the sounds of pads and claws against the pavement as it ran.  I looked up to see a big black bear running away and then climb a tree on the other side of the road.

Without paying much attention I walked right up to that bear and I was less than three feet from it before it decided to run.  

There was a school a block away, so I decided to call the sheriff to tell them about the bear and that there will be kids showing up in a few hours.  The lady on the phone said "Your in Montana sir,  There are wild animals here."  Oh, I was so p. o.'d at her and I tried to explain to her that the only reason why I am calling is because of the proximity to the school, but she remained snooty and uncaring.  

Up in the gulch where I grew up, little old ladies would giggle while sharing stories of chasing bears out of the kitchen with a broom or ladle or whatever they had in hand.  I always found those stories amusing because the little old ladies that told the stories.  Baking cookies and whoopin bears.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MT_Sourdough said:

Up in the gulch where I grew up, little old ladies would giggle while sharing stories of chasing bears out of the kitchen with a broom or ladle or whatever they had in hand.  I always found those stories amusing because the little old ladies that told the stories.  Baking cookies and whoopin bears.

My dad’s got lots of those stories. He grew up in Mammoth during the 60’s, Bears were more common visitors than the mailman.

My son in law brought a cooler with a huge salmon fillet in it to cook.  He left it in my garage and left the door open.  He went out later to get a beer and pigs had eaten the fish and some red sauce.  The garage floor was a mess.  😒