G_E_E

Athlon optics

Any one here have experience with these optics? Especially the long range rifle scopes? I'm looking at the  Midas TAC 6-24x50.  I guess their pretty new and there's not a ton of reviews out there but heard some good stuff about them from an aquantace.  With that being said, if there is anyone with a similar scope i.e. vortex, lueplold or other mid to high range scopes and rifle setups in 6.5, 308 or 300win mag for sale please let me know.  I'm not looking to spend more than $2000 on my setup.  Thank you

Maybe Lance will chime in, he is the resident scope snob. LOL

IIRC he said the Athlon didn't track repeatedly.

I have heard good and bad from people including Lance.

On a $2k budget you have lots of options. 

I just out a Burris Veracity 3x15 on my 257 weatherby and I have high Hope's for it.

My brother has the Midas BTR 4-27 and to be honest I think it was a big waste of money. The parallax adjustment is useless and the turrets are mushy. Glass isn’t great either. I know it’s not their high end model, but I was not impressed at all. I emailed them about the issues with the scope and they mentioned they made improvements to their new model...

I had a buddy try one. It would not hold zero, so he returned it and got an identical one. Same problem. That was enough enough for me to steer clear. 

Thanks for replying, yea I decided to go another route.  I'm looking seriously at either the nightforce SHV 5-20x56, one of the leupold LRP scopes or Viper PST gen 2.