kidso

Kuiu Icon Pro 5200 Pack Adjustment

I bought a Kuiu 5200 Icon Pro Backpack and it just arrived.  I am not used to such a fancy system.  If anyone on the east side has an Icon system and can help me adjust mine to fit my body, I would appreciate it.  I am just a Kuiu pack newbie and the fitting directions are a bit unclear.  Near the Chandler Fashion Center off the 101 and 202 intersection.  Thanks!  Keith 480-231-4654.

IMG_20190413_195841174.jpg

There should be some YouTube videos on how to get it setup to your liking. First load it up with gear so it’ll be like in the field. Start with the shoulder straps and get them to the right height by using the Velcro attached to the frame. The other thing you’ll need to adjust is the load lifters on the top of the frame. That is personal preference on which one you use. Both the bag and the frame have attachments. I was in the same boat but some messing around with it and a couple  days in the field you should get it dialed to your liking 

51 minutes ago, BBD21 said:

can you do a review on this pack? I am looking into it. seems like everyone likes it

I haven't been able to use it yet, but I will do a write up after I tag my next animal.  Hopefully an archery spring bear in the next month.

Here is a brief unbiased review.  Over the past three weeks, I have gone out five times for day hunts to chase a 7-foot boar I glassed up.  He is a beast of a bear.  The pack is comfortable on my hips and now it is on my shoulders too.  On my first hunt, shoulder straps we're about six inches above my shoulders as I couldn't figure out how to lower my shoulder straps until hunt two.  Up here in Alaska, alders are the devil, and they suck!!  Alder thickets are like our Arizona manzanita thickets on steroids.  I mention this because I have logged 9 total hours tearing through alders after this bear.  My shins are bruised, knees and arms cut up and scratched, gloves and shirt have tears in them, BUT my pack is tear-free!!  I read one review somewhere where a guy complained that the bottom of his pack ripped just setting it down on the rocks.  Well, I have abused my pack in the alders and on rocks and it is holding up!  Hopefully, I bag this bear and see how it handles 100 pounds packing!!  I included a picture of the alder fields; unforgiving and of course...trail-free! Big bear was above the second rock face near the little snow patch. Took two hours of busting alders to get within range, but he had skunked off back into the alders.

IMG_20190617_093010499.jpg

• Like 1