kidso

Jeep Cherokee XJ 1996

This has been my hunting rig for the last year, and I put 6,000 miles on it.  It has very low miles, at only 98K.  I have owned this Jeep for one year, but have moved on to another Jeep.

The 4x4 on this Jeep is incredible and had taken me to areas where Razors and quads are the norm.  Engine and tranny are strong.  No oil or fluid leaks.  No interior rips or holes in seats.  Interior has some carpet stains that came with the Jeep when I bought it, but they never bothered me.  Likewise, the hood and driver's side front quarter panel are from another Jeep, as they have red pin stripes on them.  Again, this never bothered me in a hunting rig. The lower interior trim underneath the steering wheel is cracked, as they are in most Cherokees.

My ONLY concern is that it runs warmer than my other Jeeps and I can't get over that!  I put a grand into my Jeep last summer with a new CSF 3-row radiator, radiator hoses, thermostat, water pump, and temp sensor.  I put in an aftermarket electric fan and a more robust ZJ clutch fan to bring in even more air into the engine, and still no temperature change.

In spit of that, it has never overheated in the summer, and I have driven it to Rocky Point twice and up to Payson and south to Santa Rita's bear hunting a dozen times...hence the 6,000 miles I have driven and it has NEVER failed me.

In the winter, the engine temp is fine and I can drive all day and never hit 190.  November elk and January javelina trips have not raised an eyebrow with me.  However, in the summer, it has risen as high as 230, but I never stopped or had anything other than my own panic attack over watching the temp creep up past vertical.

That being said, it is a great Jeep with super low miles that perhaps someone with more wrench knowledge than I can cure the "summer time warming" that I have experienced.  I would keep at it this summer, but Alaska calls!  Feel free to call with any questions.  I am straight up and honest. For sale on Craigslist for $4500, but $4000 for a fellow hunter on CWT.  Keith 480-231-4654.

IMG_20190413_173826442_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190413_173842609_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190413_173902742_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190413_173651205.jpg

IMG_20190413_173658617.jpg

IMG_20190413_173733782.jpg

IMG_20190413_173611971.jpg

• Like 2

Not to highjack your add...its a unibody frame and not really anyway for the heat to escape. I owned for 5 years a 96 too it was the same way. I sold it to a guy I work with who thought maybe it needed a better radiator so he replaced the 3 core that I put in with a aluminum 3 core and new fan clutch and flushed the system new elec. fan and same results. As long as it cools down when you slow down. your good. You cant hardly beat the way it wheels in the sticks and rides on the highway. Only other option might be vent the hood or a scooped hood. Nice looking Jeep by the way!😎

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments!  Jeep sold two hours ago.  Sad to see her go!

• Like 1