Sign in to follow this  
azelkhunter69

Taxidermist

18 hours ago, SEEKER said:

All the post above sound great, But I see no evidence their skill, or cost. How about the picture ,  equals 1000 words? This photo is of my trophy room. Yes, I mounted them all in my shop.    price $450.IMG_0925.thumb.JPG.bad0254db6bef32224ae6e9637f2a0df.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

Don't use this guy!  Apparently, his shop is way too hot and the horns melt off the antelope!!! 

JK, awesome bucks.  I love those character bucks.  I would shoot those in a heartbeat.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Great Buck! 1

10 hours ago, jdown said:

Seeker really nice looking mounts.  where are you located?

And bone collector I love that mount. I posted a couple that authentic taxidermy did for us after I saw yours  

we just got a bear rug back from him as well. So far I'm really happy with with his work and him.  

`J down & Bone collector , It takes more than desire to make -wild -life trophies, come back to life, even better than (alive) Those mounts have been mounted over 25 years. I've never put one of my mounts in -a talent contest. I was raised (way back in the sticks) ; We did live off the land. Everything.  No electric, running water& it was a long dash to the toilet- no matter what the weather. But we thought that we were really well -off ,and depended upon no one. We were really self sufficient, except for salt & coffee. I was a ( go get m) boy . At 9 I took over my dads trap line; Became the richest boy in East Tenn.This story -goes on & on... But that's how I got into Taxidermy. The animals I was catching was worth more to me than the fur buyers were paying me. So... I've been doing Taxidermy  70 years +. Never gets old: Each one is a brand new challenge , to see just how close -that i can come to making it as good as in real -life. Now *  you know why- that I do it.  For sure - not the $$$$$$$$;  I have more than I need .   When one is 82,,, It,s younger women, older whiskey,faster BOWS & BIGGER BULLS.          The ole Seeker said all that!25138827_IMG_0926(1).thumb.JPG.7f90fd9435041c3d7aef890dfd39e90b.JPG

IMG_0060_LI (1).jpg

IMG_0484.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks -all of you,  for the    appreciated statements.

I was drawn this Sept. ,Bull -11 M  first hunt..  My problem- at 82 is;    I will not be - hunting high in the peaks, releasing my arrow into that Record bull. But with a little assistance from you- & you current knowledge of the area,  and my archery skill ,  should put Elk steaks  on our plates.  I would be much  in obliged to you...   I do love elk meat;  But my Dr. Oncologist said ; I should go - very light on it.    It will be in abundance.

I'm here in Tucson- the past    41 yrs. Retired,  enjoying the Great outdoors !       Note- I passed on this bull. Yes! I  Mounted  my tag!

IMG_0029.JPG

Nice antelope. I would estimate his score  to be 80.      * Note     Look at the eye & ears on the antelope  (above  & below .. Mounted by SEEKER..) . The eyes & ears establishes the the projection   (Mood)  --VERY ALERT AND AWARE OF THE SITUATION--- OR TOTALLY RELAXED & HALF ASLEEP.      GUESS THAT IS OK -- IT,1286635336_IMG_0476(1).thumb.JPG.f12116247501258f9d69564886f43ad8.JPGS CALLED PREFERENCE.

I just picked this mount up on Friday. Mark Miller (Mark's Southwestern Taxidermy, San Tan Valley) does great work!! Took this buck in Northern Nevada last August.

Antelope.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

5 minutes ago, plang00 said:

I just picked this mount up on Friday. Mark Miller (Mark's Southwestern Taxidermy, San Tan Valley) does great work!! Took this buck in Northern Nevada last August.

Great buck. 👍

Clay Goldman in Payson is the only guy I’d take anything to.  He is an exceptional artist.  With taxidermy it seems like they either “got it” or they don’t.  I’ve always been amazed at the terrible work people let taxidermists get away with......

• Like 1

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Bret prentice at game trail. His work always looks like it’s about to walk off. 

• Like 1