Broken Wheels

HONORING YOUR WORD!

I AM AN OLD SCHOOL GUY AND WHEN SOMEONE ON THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER SITE SAYS THEY ARE SELLING SOMETHING AND YOU CONFIRM IT IS YOURS THEY SHOULDN'T BLOW YOU OFF FOR WEEKS AND THEN SAY THEY ARE JUST GOING TO GIVE IT TO THEIR BROTHER! NOT COOL AT ALL AND KARMA IS A "FEMALE DOG' LAST I HEARD! JUST SAYING...

• Like 15

Yep, happened to me about a tripod in the past year or so.

In a like manner, I am always amazed to see listings with a reply that says something like "I'll take it" and then the item is not sold.

Old School? A man's word used to be good.  To bad it''s often not the case anymore.

This site has pinned threads for good guy buyers and good guy sellers.  Perhaps it needs a pinned thread for flakes.

• Like 3

I never count my chickens till they hatch...

You have to realize this day and age, people have completely done away with caring in general. Whether its your feelings, how they look in others eyes, what their word means, etc It doesn't make them bad people or dishonest people. Its sad but its also something you need to come to grips with and capitalize on. When people list items for sale, I dont care what they say, that item isn't really sold until money is in their hand. All deals are on until its sold, cash is king. If you want it bad enough, go get it now. Otherwise, its your own fault, not theirs. I think if you start looking at it that way, you'll land more deals and have better experiences with these ads. Also realize there are always backdoor deals going on in the PMs :)

True that, had it happen on a tripod also, decided to give it to a friend. Is what it is. Carma is a b👀tch..

At least on this site as you start a deal with a known flake you may get a pm with a warning from other members 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sucks man... Pretty sure I have the same thing going on Rokslide right now.  I do not get attached to an item until it shows up, just the world we live in now.   The amount of BS involved in buying and selling is insane.

That's nice to bring up, very sad and doesn't have a Damm thing to do with this forum.  Just alittle sick..

Goes both ways.  On numerous occasions, I get the "I'll take it", even on free stuff, and then they never show up, communicate, or end up picking it up, so back on the market it goes.  Or wants ME to deliver something free to them 50 miles away.  Or takes weeks to come and get it, then get pissed when it is gone when they finally contact me again.  If I want it gone, I don't want to sit on it for another 2 months just for the first person who says, "I'll take it". 

• Like 5

Buying or selling, a man's word is still his bond.  Regardless of the times or how people think or the fact that it is the internet, it is still the measure of a man (or woman).  I get that some people don't feel that way, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to lower our standards and go along with the 'new norm'.

• Like 4