Broken Wheels

HONORING YOUR WORD!

I have had a lot of people on this site hold things for me until I am able to make the trip to their location. It’s because of those individuals that I continue to shop here, a mans word should stand for something unfortunately it doesn’t always.

• Like 1

It’s happened to me on a few forums. I just put the seller on ignore and move on! It sure is irritating though. I’ve even been selling an item and had people offer more once I post sold but wouldn’t back out on a deal ever. 

• Like 3

I have been getting this a lot lately when selling something....the buyer is on the other side of town and wants a discount to cover the cost of his gas. I always just laugh and tell them NO. If you don't want to drive across town to buy something, then look for chit on your side.

• Like 4

Just happened to me with a trolling motor on craigslist.  Told the guy I wanted it. He set the time to meet. Went to meet him he never showed. I texted him and called him and 2 days later he said I'm sorry it's been sold. Told him how I felt about it but he didn't care. Found a better trolling motor about a week later and the guy I bought it from was a great guy!

I totally understand and agree that if a person makes a commitment they should keep it.  I've bought and sold some stuff on here but am by no means a frequent flyer on either end.  I've given stuff away to.  My experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.  I've met some cool members.

If the offer to sell is accepted, the deal is done.  No further discussion needed.

But, in my book, if the offer to sell is met with an "I'd like to come look at it next week." and I say "Okay" then the item is still for sale and I'll accept any full-price acceptance I get in the meantime.   Of course if I get such an acceptance, I immediately PM the person who wanted to kick the tires (so they could presumably make me a counter-offer) that the item has been sold.  That only happened once and the person PM'd me back a tad bit put out, thinking that his offer "to look at it" should have put him in front of the person who explicitly and unequivocally accepted the full-price offer.  

Bottom like though is that I think "I'll take it.  PM sent." means "I accept your offer to sell at full-price and agree to your shipping terms or will pick it it up myself."

I would like to apologize to Azbuxnbulls, I did say I would buy some 270ammo from him but didn't realize how far away he was, still no excuse. I own it