GreyGhost85

Lower Black River

3 hours ago, oz31p said:

I’m heading up for the first time in a few weeks

any one have any advice on lures?

I always did well with a pink 2” singletail grub and colored 1/16 jig, 4lb line no swivel

5 hours ago, oz31p said:

I’m heading up for the first time in a few weeks

any one have any advice on lures?

We cheat.... find helgramites or crawdads and use them on a fly setup.  Jelly worms or crawdads or anything similar work well.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awatson said:

We cheat.... find helgramites or crawdads and use them on a fly setup.  Jelly worms or crawdads or anything similar work well.   

Shhhhhhhhh🤫

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well thanks to a few great coueswhitetail regulars providing some tips, the kids and I went out for a fathers day trip. We had a blast catching small mouth, mostly about 8-12 inch size, but kept us busy. Water was crystal clear and flow was down compared to last reports on this thread. I really appreciate the info provided, we always enjoy our time out in the woods, especially a new spot. One other thing I have to get off my chest...  is the trash we found from other peps we encountered, they were nice and great to talk with but when they left, camp it was a mess. I made my kids pick up after them while I cussed and grumbled... I just wish all of us who enjoy the outdoors would not litter... rant over.

We had a blast. A big thank you to who sent info...  

IMG_0754-1_resized (004).jpg

20190615_184944-1_resized (003).jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a good time! That spot looks familiar!

• Like 1

A 20+ inch Smallmouth is a whopper... I'd love to just see one. I gotta make the trip out there to do this. Ed F

We did pretty good we only fished Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Several 15-18inches but most were 12-14. 5 of us caught 20-50each. Mostly on top water floating rappals and a rebel grasshopper. 

311C22FE-B63C-47B6-BEC7-5D1ECC23D9C6.jpeg

F21B722C-3D1D-4D39-B751-27CD62176329.jpeg

283D2EB0-F2B0-4624-BB7E-5378936AAB1F.jpeg

• Like 6

great stuff.  Has anyone tried fishing the black (south of Whiteriver, AZ is where I have been) as late as October (or even into earl Nov)?  Curious what the conditions might be.

Thx