Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Safety, Safety, Safety guns are always loaded!

Dang! Everything about this sucks. It was totally preventable and 100% his fault. But my heart goes out the little girl, him, and the entire family. I can't imagine the horror of accidently shooting your child. The long term impact on this entire family is heartbreaking. 

• Like 1

Very sad and easily preventable. If it was an accident I don’t understand why he was arrested, or is that standard procedure in any accidental shooting?

1 minute ago, bigorange said:

Very sad and easily preventable. If it was an accident I don’t understand why he was arrested, or is that standard procedure in any accidental shooting?

When I first heard the story I told my wife, something sounded fishy.........falling with a shotgun.....in your house.......pointed directly at your 6 year old daughter........then they came out and said he had been arrested, makes me wonder.

Prayers for that little girl.........

6 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

When I first heard the story I told my wife, something sounded fishy.........falling with a shotgun.....in your house.......pointed directly at your 6 year old daughter........then they came out and said he had been arrested, makes me wonder.

Prayers for that little girl.........

I thought the same thing. How do you clean a gun when the action is closed?

I hope she is ok. The fathers parents were prohibited persons=prohibited from having children. 

• Like 2

It's not an "accidental shooting". Modern guns don't go off when you drop them. He had to have had his finger on the trigger, safety off, a round in the chamber, and pointed at another human being. He was arrested because his NEGLIGENCE almost killed a child. IMHO.

Did you catch the part about the other unsecured loaded weapons placed around the house in the reach of a 6-year old?

• Like 2