Sign in to follow this  
Analogkid1014

White Mountain Lakes

Any fishing reports from the white mountains?I am leaving Wednesday to head for Reservation lake. Plan to Fish Sunrise, Big lake, and a couple other perhaps depending on how the fishing is. I will post a report when I get back

• Like 3

Stop in at Sportsmans Warehouse and see what is posted on the board. The G&F Weekly Report went to he## in a handbasket a year or two ago and is completely worthless now.

• Like 1

Its a shame, there used to be a lot of good info in there. I wish they would put it back to the way it used to be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

The G&F Weekly Report went to he## in a handbasket a year or two ago and is completely worthless now.

its pathetic. how in 2019, can they not even produce a half assed fishing report. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

its pathetic. how in 2019, can they not even produce a half assed fishing report. 

1/2 arsed would be a 200% improvement over what they have now.

• Like 1

Ned Smiths outdoor section in the AZ Republic was great back in the day. Always looked forward to reading it on Fridays.

HG Listiac (spelling) outdoors on 55 KOY was the bomb also.  Then he got popped cheating in a tournament or somthing.

• Like 1

I had a trip planned to Big Lake last week and bumped it.  My buddy went anyway.

Two days in a boat...they caught one fish. Said nobody was catching much of anything. Another guy he talked to at the ramp had been there since Monday and caught his first fish Thursday.  I guess the wind was horrible. Should pick up as the temps do.

6 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Ned Smiths outdoor section in the AZ Republic was great back in the day. Always looked forward to reading it on Fridays.

HG Listiac (spelling) outdoors on 55 KOY was the bomb also.  Then he got popped cheating in a tournament or somthing.

Remember them both.  Spent many hours listening to H.G. Listiak on the way to, and coming back from all kinds of outdoor trips, year round, early morning and late at night.  KOY was a great station.  Ned Smith was the first thing I would read when the paper came.  Even with the war raging (and it was pretty ugly), life was more relaxed, more optimistic, and just about every neighborhood much friendlier than now. 

forepaw 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, forepaw said:

Remember them both.  Spent many hours listening to H.G. Listiak on the way to, and coming back from all kinds of outdoor trips, year round, early morning and late at night.  KOY was a great station.  Ned Smith was the first thing I would read when the paper came.  Even with the war raging (and it was pretty ugly), life was more relaxed, more optimistic, and just about every neighborhood much friendlier than now. 

forepaw 

word war 2?

5 hours ago, awatson said:

I had a trip planned to Big Lake last week and bumped it.  My buddy went anyway.

Two days in a boat...they caught one fish. Said nobody was catching much of anything. Another guy he talked to at the ramp had been there since Monday and caught his first fish Thursday.  I guess the wind was horrible. Should pick up as the temps do.

When it's windy fish deeper, and keep your line tight. This can be a tough time of year to catch in the high country, must be persistent and change lures every 20 casts, speed retrieve and depth as fish are either on the  move or pooled up.

Two weekends ago I hiked into Woods Canyon and managed three fish in 4 hours, fishing two poles.

• Like 1

Fished Big Lake over the weekend.  Caught 9 fish in three days.  6 of the 9 were 16-20".

• Like 1