Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

San Carlos lake reports?

Any reports on San Carlos lake?  I figured it was almost full of water by now...

Lake level I believe is just below 20%. Had a big fish kill last July.  I know of several people that have been and not a lot of fish to be found. 

Here are some pics.  3300F13B-0B63-48EF-949B-7F64D7178DCC.thumb.jpeg.772db2666c0a8979eb6af1776a76c09c.jpeg3F4AD3E9-37FC-45E2-BEBC-CB848A60A6FD.thumb.jpeg.cf5791269af5c97e252f2d8097822294.jpeg

theres that great Tribal management of their resources.  Lets sell the lake water  for money and screw the premier fishing.  I hope their water $$$ are more. than their license and camping sales.  

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

theres that great Tribal management of their resources.  Lets sell the lake water  for money and screw the premier fishing.  I hope their water $$$ are more. than their license and camping sales.  

I'm guessing that there are long-term water rights obligations laid-out contractually.  Likely can't adjust and shift those obligations in a whimsical manner from year to year.   Also likely that overall their would be MUCH more money to make in the 'water' business as opposed to license sales for a single body of water.

At the end of the day, ALL Arizona reservoirs are here for water management first.  Recreational fishing (even "premier fishing") is always going to be secondary.  As a fisherman, I might not like it, but it is the way it is....  ;)

S.

• Like 11

Exactly, TNF has nothing to do with our lake levels, SRP does. It's there dam.

SAN CARLOS is typical Indian crap, all about the chinga but, that's why the dam was built. Not to make a crappie lake.

Any signs of life at San Carlos?  Just wondering what the lake levels bounced back to after our winter rains?  Is there a chance 1% of fish survived last years die off?

23 minutes ago, 520HUNT said:

It always does.  I just want to know what to expect before heading up in a couple weeks.

Call the store

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Call the store

I called on Monday and today...no answer except for computer message that says "this number is unavailable please leave message "

Wonder if the store is still open?

That's why I posted questions here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i heard they caught fish this year but i didnt believe it. if there was fish to be caught there, standman would have gone and caught them. why do you want to go there? 

19 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

i heard they caught fish this year but i didnt believe it. if there was fish to be caught there, standman would have gone and caught them. why do you want to go there? 

Grew up fishing there...just wanted to try it out