Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

San Carlos lake reports?

1 hour ago, 520HUNT said:

Grew up fishing there...just wanted to try it out

So did I but I can’t imagine it’s going good. Maybe. You can find out. If you’re feeling nostalgic might want to hit talkalai instead 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was nice and clear few weeks ago but now turning dark and smelly from the silt being sucked out at the dam. 

Screenshot_20190723-055549_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3544a71a74640f07460a6c1425c10f57.jpg

Seen a few ppl trying to fish it almost daily but not sure if they're catching anything. 

We shocked it back in May and got plenty of carp but game species were hard to find, water was fairly deep at that time though so electro-fishing was of course slow.

On another note the pond fishing has been excellent, I've been going almost every weekend all over and having fun.

Screenshot_20190723-055704_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4d640a8a513d7f3f21651bd86b197173.jpgScreenshot_20190723-055739_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cdcdefa3aca9e91d789a51844bbf5938.jpg

DAN

• Like 10

We shocked it 2 weeks ago, Soda Canyon, Blue Cove, and New Govt but only came up with Gizzard shad and Carp.

DAN

21 minutes ago, Apache7mm said:

We shocked it 2 weeks ago, Soda Canyon, Blue Cove, and New Govt but only came up with Gizzard shad and Carp.

DAN

That sucks... how is water level?

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Those dang gizzard shad are relentless.  

They really are. San Carlos April '18.

20180317_121837.thumb.jpg.5b87ed70b57f64420feda4fbd1d0ec7d.jpg

We're sitting at 18.5% currently, water still backed up to Apache Point area. I'm sure there's game fish but at this point there's "too much water".

DAN

• Like 1

Recreation areas were never to open on any specific dates. Current closure end dates such as June 22nd have continued to be extended in response to Covid19 numbers for the state, counties, and the Reservation itself.

Tribal Council meets on air (local radio) every Monday to discuss any new developments as well as update/pass new resolutions for the Reservation. 

With new positives on the Reservation daily, I'd expect it to remain closed through July at least. 

DAN