Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Tonot NF travel BS

I'll start my rant now since about 80% of the roads I use to get to my hunting spots in 22 and 23 are slated to be closed and one major area completely shut down unless you want to walk in 6 miles. I'm not against the closures but when I go hiking in and get passed by 5 to 10 vehicles, can I put just one bullet in each radiator that passes me?

I currently abide by the MVUM maps but if the slim chance of a 100.00 ticket/access fee is all it takes to join the parade of vehicles down closed roads, I may reconsider hiking in and wasting all of that precious hunting time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

I'll start my rant now since about 80% of the roads I use to get to my hunting spots in 22 and 23 are slated to be closed and one major area completely shut down unless you want to walk in 6 miles. I'm not against the closures but when I go hiking in and get passed by 5 to 10 vehicles, can I put just one bullet in each radiator that passes me?

I currently abide by the MVUM maps but if the slim chance of a 100.00 ticket/access fee is all it takes to join the parade of vehicles down closed roads, I may reconsider hiking in and wasting all of that precious hunting time.

If a parade of vehicles is going to your hunting area ide say that's a bigger issue than open or closed roads. ???

5 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

If a parade of vehicles is going to your hunting area ide say that's a bigger issue than open or closed roads. ???

In units 22 and 23 I have several hunting areas that are close to trails and roads that see lots of traffic. The vast majority just drive on by and not all are hunters so it's not uncommon for me to be 10+ miles in on a quad, hike a half mile or so and be in some good deer country holding decent bucks and all the while, vehicles are driving by but never see another person on foot.

Cannot even put in comments on the several errors they made on the map. Some roads they are closing are actually the safer and older access points. Then they plan to leave open some roads that are newer and not properly built for travel in poor weather. It is obvious the people drafting this did it from an office and not in the field. 

I don't want to pay for gates, they should use items in the area to block it and put a real sign on it then doze it 100 feet in and fell some trees on it. 

Most importantly block and sign the other end , they are real good at signing one end and leaving the other open. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 9:55 AM, Roosevelt Mark said:

Speeding would be a ticket, I don't know how you would jump an atv or side by side on a road. I never heard of whipping being against the rules.

Whipping if I understand what you mean by that would be reckless driving, which is illegal

This is old news. THIS Has Been in THE Works FOR Over 3 yrs.

Sorry if they are closing your rds.

This is a last draft for possible  imput on  a few rds.

They are also opening some that have been closed and gated since the fire.

I petitioned and presented my case on a rd closesure over 2 yrs ago. I m happy to say they closed it. It was a dead end wash trail that never should been open to any vechile as it has numerous dangerous washed out areas.

If you can't walk a mile off  the road. YOU Probably Shouldn't Be Hunting in there anyway. 

Let's not close too many roads. Plenty of well deserving brothers and sisters with CHAMP permits wanting access too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1