I was out looking for antlers and came across a nice lion track . We went out the next morning and after a few mile hike the dogs picked up the sent . We cold trailed for about a mile then the wind came up and they lost it . The next day the wind was terrible but the forecast called for some rain . It rained off and on most of the night but stopped about 3am We loaded up the dogs and got to where we thought the lion might be headed around 5:30am . As luck would have it after a short hike the dogs picked up the sent and the race was on ! Mr Tom was treed and freed .F5FE2C94-9AE9-43F5-80CE-C4D93E7A882F.thumb.jpeg.5ccdbfdf06e465334d60754b6499aa4f.jpeg3D2B0B80-0076-40DF-A71F-3F2726C64FE0.thumb.png.c002b64d7044b72e9af3446cf0ebf9ad.png2F2DDCD5-506D-425E-9659-2D31F3299ED3.thumb.png.f79b9180d7ed742b2a8cac50b181c550.png

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

That photo of the dog up in the tree with the cat above him is awesome.  Great looking dogs.  Walkers?

13 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

That photo of the dog up in the tree with the cat above him is awesome.  Great looking dogs.  Walkers?

Thanks . The two high tans have a little bit of everything in them . Trevor Nelson and Hunter Dewitt spent years and years mixing and matching different blood lines . Then Hunter took it up another notch and bred a dog to one of Trevor mineers red ticks named  faith  which came from van johnson blood . The results on that cross were phenomenal. Those dogs are only 18 months old . That walker looking dog is actually a red tick and 10 months old. I bought his mom from a guy out of Nevada she looks like an English to me but was told she was a red tick . I picked up his dad from Trevor Mineer at about a year old . He was by far the best dog I have ever owned . Unfortunately I was chasing a lion and it decided to cross the highway . I could see on my gps they were headed toward the highway so I toned them and they turned around and started heading back . I ran back to my truck and started headed their way and lost gps signal . When I picked them up on the gps it showed all the dogs treed right at the highway . I figured the lion must not have wanted to cross . Well copper dog wasn’t about to quit that lion and had turned around at some point and Was hit by a car . I still get sick when I think about losing him. He was more than just a dog he was my friend and taught me more than I could have ever taught him . 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

well done.  Tree climbing dogs make for cool pictures, but man have I seen that go bad many times!!  Congrats on the lion.

(I like that you referred to those dogs as high tans, not a lot of guys do.)

Good hunting

Whitey