mbiewer

Blood from a turnip lol

This discussion came around the camp fire this past weekend at turkey camp.   It didn't really sink in when we were talking about it, even though the morning we left I checked to see when the tags on my pop up expired, until I got the email from ADOT yesterday (see below)... I will pay it, (maybe,--- it'll probably spark a wildfire debate in my house because we just purchased a travel trailer last summer, and the wife's argument of "why are we keeping this"  will take another nail in the coffin). I just think its funny that the tax is 3 times the amount of the actual tag.

The vehicle registration for your 1979 COLEM TE,  will expire May 31, 2019. Please pay on or before this date to avoid penalty fees.

NO EMISSIONS TEST REQUIRED

Fees for a 1 year renewal are:

Veh License Tax $10.00
Public Safety $32.00
Total $42.00

Fees for a 2 year renewal are:

Veh License Tax $20.00
Public Safety $64.00
Total $84.00

Fees for a 5 year renewal are:

Veh License Tax $50.00
Public Safety $160.00

Total

$210.00

bend over... I have 5 vehicles, sxs and fifth wheel.  But its a fee not a tax... F!ck the guy who passed this and his fortune he made thru the back door doing so. Tell me he didnt get secretly funded for this and I'll see you on Main street.

• Like 2

Yep. I just registered my commuter vehicle, 2002 ford focus. I was late (never got an actual email, just a generic one that looked like a scam), and the total was $66. Registration for the car alone was $8! Yes $8! 

A flat rate of $32 is asinine. It should be based on the registration cost of the vehicle.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TOBY said:

bend over... I have 5 vehicles, sxs and fifth wheel.  But its a fee not a tax... F!ck the guy who passed this and his fortune he made thru the back door doing so. Tell me he didnt get secretly funded for this and I'll see you on Main street.

Yeah... we bought me a new pickup, and the wifes car... plus the travel trailer and the pop-up.

its like "double down" though, especially on the little pop up... haven't used the pop up but once in the past year.... and now I have to pay a fee, even though its hooked to my truck that pays the same fee???

You simply must renew those tags and keep that mobile artsy display on the road. How else will Joe Public get to view those awe inspiring trout and frying pan decals plastered on its sides?

• Like 2

The 32$ was originally supposed to be around 17$ but ducey signed it to law at 32$ and it was supposed to be to fund dsp. It’s just another attempt at a money grab for the state. Funny part is dps is supposed to be funded from state highway gas tax dollars. All I can say is at 32$ per for anything that rolls tires on the road dps must be getting one heck of a raise. Next they will try to do away with permanent tags on trailer and make new ones pay the same tax urr I mean fee!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TOBY said:

Douchey got paid well for this to happen. couple million cars on the road x $32 

Check your cell phone bill closely.....every tom, dick and harry get a couple of bucks per customer which translates into billions!!!!! Lots of leeches pulling the dollar away!!!!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TOBY said:

Douchey got paid well for this to happen. couple million cars on the road x $32 

Ya he signed it, no one got to vote on it.  That is him and Milstat (DPS) hard at it.  Most of the money is for DPS. See all them new STATE PATROL suv"s on the road? GIVE M A F BREAK.

• Like 1

And to think we elected a republican to that office. 

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

And to think we elected a republican to that office. 

For the most part is beats the other option, look at what they are trying to  doing in dc. Medicare for all the new green deal. If they keep it up we will all be pedaling our bikes to go hunting everyone will have to become archers because they want our guns and you will be rowing your boat to go fishing 🎣 it’s all a bunch of BS

• Thanks 1

Yeah... cant believe DPS has new SUVS. They should drive pieces of crap that break down.  I mean, they make so much money AND we give them nice vehicles too 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2