mbiewer

Blood from a turnip lol

try being a transportation company with 800 vehicles which we pay $68 tax per year per vehicle (which uber/lyft doesn't pay) on top of the $32 fee

and all the out of state vehicles here that actually live here and pay registration to another state.

2016 says there were 2.4 million registered commercial and private vehicles.

the fee is way too steep!

remember when duchey runs for the senate!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Yep. I just registered my commuter vehicle, 2002 ford focus. I was late (never got an actual email, just a generic one that looked like a scam), and the total was $66. Registration for the car alone was $8! Yes $8! 

A flat rate of $32 is asinine. It should be based on the registration cost of the vehicle.

I'm sorry man but imagining your gigantic butt in a  Ford focus is just funny.

• Haha 1

Just got mine in the mail., its the only thing that doesn't go down by paying 5 years..

How about the Fossil Creek rescue of a lady in flip flops? DPS helicopters are a bunch of crap. Next time they fly a person off Papago remember your $32 helped facilitate this-

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I'm sorry man but imagining your gigantic butt in a  Ford focus is just funny.

I actually love that little hatchback. I've slept in that thing before.

This is how they chose to find the teacher salary raises last year. But by my estimation this should raise way more than that required. Anyway, not sure why they didn’t just call it an education tax and smack it on your state taxes.

Do like I did. Send Doug a email and thank him for bending (even further)the taxpayers over with this.

• Like 1

Lets do some math

2.1 million vehicles x 32.00 = 67,200,00.00 dollars

according to the DPS website as of 2016 they have 696 officers of various ranks

67,200,000 / 696 = 96,551.72 per officer added.  I wish I got a raise like that.  

As of 2016, HPD is staffed by:

• 575 Troopers
  • 97 Sergeants
  • 18 Captains
  • 5 Majors
  • 1 Lt. Col. / Assistant Director, Lt. Col. Wayde Webb

What a freaking scam.  Well on the bright side maybe they will write less tickets because they will need the money. 

• Like 1

Idgaf FYI  troopers have not had a raise in many many years, they get 1.5% to cover rising insurance cost.  I retired in 2013 making. $62,000 a. Year after 25 years of service to this state. So. You cut that in half my retiement is $31,000 year and $1200 a month for health insurance, so that leaves me bout $800 a month for protecting your butt for 25 mtf years and u are welcome because of of people like this.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Yeah... cant believe DPS has new SUVS. They should drive pieces of crap that break down.  I mean, they make so much money AND we give them nice vehicles too 🙄

I know.  So rediculous to expect the people that serve the community and come whenever the public calls to drive a reliable cars.  Oh ya, average fleet is over 70k, so most of the cars are old.  

One more note, DPS sworn make 5.5% more then they did in 2008.  I mean, just absurd they have received a 5.5% raise in 11 years.  A whole $3,000, which does not cover the insurance increases and cost of living that has went up over that time.  Everyone of the troopers would appreciate a raise but come to work to serve without it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cw4192 said:

Idgaf FYI  troopers have not had a raise in many many years, they get 1.5% to cover rising insurance cost.  I retired in 2013 making. $62,000 a. Year after 25 years of service to this state. So. You cut that in half my retiement is $31,000 year and $1200 a month for health insurance, so that leaves me bout $800 a month for protecting your butt for 25 mtf years and u are welcome because of of people like this.

Topped out troopers now make $65,830.   Not much of a raise in 6 years, in fact 11 years.  Troopers made $62,000 in 2008.  Insurance went up this year with no raise but the sworn listed above come to work every day with a vest on proudly.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, idgaf said:

Lets do some math

2.1 million vehicles x 32.00 = 67,200,00.00 dollars

according to the DPS website as of 2016 they have 696 officers of various ranks

67,200,000 / 696 = 96,551.72 per officer added.  I wish I got a raise like that.  

As of 2016, HPD is staffed by:

• 575 Troopers
  • 97 Sergeants
  • 18 Captains
  • 5 Majors
  • 1 Lt. Col. / Assistant Director, Lt. Col. Wayde Webb

What a freaking scam.  Well on the bright side maybe they will write less tickets because they will need the money. 

Great numbers.... unfortunately you forgot about the support staff that are not sworn officers. 

Disagree with the amount of the fee, not with what the money is supposed to be used for.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cw4192 said:

Sir, we don't owe you anything. WA wa wa. It was your choice and you made a good living. Sorry you didn't make $200k a year like you think you should have.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Sir, we don't owe you anything. WA wa wa. It was your choice and you made a good living. Sorry you didn't make $200k a year like you think you should have.

Wow. Ive pretty much always thought you were a douche, based on your posts. However, now I know you are.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I'm grateful we have people that will strap it on every day!

• Like 2