mbiewer

Blood from a turnip lol

Troopers aka AAA Roadside dont even patrol I-19 after 10pm... 

• Like 2

Ducey has a bill on his desk to reduce the fee to $18. Let's see where he stands.

TUCSON, Ariz. - A bill that could drastically cut vehicle registration fees advanced in the Arizona legislature.

The state House voted 57-3 Monday supporting House Bill 2320, a which scuttles a plan to tack on annual law enforcement-supporting fees as high as $32. The new bill would cap the fee at $18.

ADOT says the funds raised from the fee go towards public safety, highway patrol operations and state highway improvements.

The vote came a month after the bill passed the state Senate. Gov. Doug Ducey must now decide whether to sign or veto the legislation.

The fee will apply to 2020 registration renewals.

• Like 1

Roosevelt Mark you are absolutely right you don't owe me shoot, and I chose my profession.  Just remember next time you need someone to save your butt don't call the police because we owe you nothing.  

• Like 1

There are alot of em on i-10 From Vicksburg to the border, Every day when I go to Cali.  And they do have equipment ,Jacks etc. to help people change tires. Be surprized how many people don't have tools to fix flats. Bet the carry jumper cables too. .............BOB!

• Like 1

I respect law enforcement and abide by as many rules as I can. They’ve helped me before and scolded me before. But isn’t it their job to help the public? Paid by tax dollars, citizens protected by the 1st to voice an opinion. If a tax payer doesn’t care for dps it doesn’t make them any less worthy of their service.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, cw4192 said:

Roosevelt Mark you are absolutely right you don't owe me shoot, and I chose my profession.  Just remember next time you need someone to save your butt don't call the police because we owe you nothing.  

I don't call 911.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:06 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

Wow. Ive pretty much always thought you were a douche, based on your posts. However, now I know you are.

Not at all, just call it as I see it. I don't like it when people cry about how they didn't make enough money.

Everybody is complaining about the condition of the roads so guess what you have to pay more to fix them.  I do think that the cost should be by the weight of the RV or vehicle.  And the huge semi that are pounding the pavement need to pay more.  Butt in the end LOL you are going to pay more for everything just because you want more and it costs more to fix everything.  If you elect the leftists your going to pay alot more tax and fees so they can give it to the illegals, criminals and lazies.  Yes it could be more fair, a little tent trailer should be less than humongous fifth wheel.  Carry on boys 😎

On 5/2/2019 at 10:03 PM, cw4192 said:

Idgaf FYI  troopers have not had a raise in many many years, they get 1.5% to cover rising insurance cost.  I retired in 2013 making. $62,000 a. Year after 25 years of service to this state. So. You cut that in half my retiement is $31,000 year and $1200 a month for health insurance, so that leaves me bout $800 a month for protecting your butt for 25 mtf years and u are welcome because of of people like this.

First off thank you for your career path, Secondly, I am impressed with your financial wherewithal that you can retire after twenty five years.  I am twenty years into my profession and have another 25 years or so before I can even consider it.  After some research its not 62mil duecey expects to get from this fee, its 165 mil.  I hope he shares with you guys and increases retirement benefits with the generated income.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

Yes it could be more fair 😎

As the immortal words that I once heard. Fair is a place a farmer takes his pig to win a blue ribbon, and finally if it was fair, Elvis would still be alive and his impersonaters dead.

• Like 2

There are but not even close to enough.  The feds help fund a lot of the interstate work, but they still have to prioritize due to the lack of funding.  

9 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but aren't there already taxes collected to fix roadways?

Millions........but, many hands in the cookie jar. :)

https://www.azdot.gov/about/FinancialManagementServices/transportation-funding/highway-user-revenue-fund

0CAEA208-D839-4772-9889-78608161EAF8.png

Thats my only complaint is Why goverment  and so many public workers get to retire young? I'M all for giving Them raises and paying them well. but like some one metioned We  ,the rest of us have to work till 65. Thanks for Your service to all Cops and Fireman otherwise.............BOB! .Allmost 63 and still working.