CatfishKev

Meopta Riflescopes

Anyone with experience with the meopta line? They just came out with mid range price point line. Wondering about the internals as far as tracking and holding zero.  

Don't waste your money. Just bought one about a month ago. Bottom line Tasco quality, Leupold price.

• Like 1

Check you PM's. 

I almost bought 1 but ended up with what I sent you. 

I bought 1 of those packages about a month ago, and bought 1 more yesterday that is being shipped to me now. Crazy good deal IMO.

1 hour ago, Hoss50 said:

Check you PM's. 

I almost bought 1 but ended up with what I sent you. 

I bought 1 of those packages about a month ago, and bought 1 more yesterday that is being shipped to me now. Crazy good deal IMO.

The Veracity looks promising. I read the outdoor life article. It won the best buy and editors choice award in 2017.

18 minutes ago, oz31p said:

What are your requirements and budget?

Just researching at the moment. Had an opportunity for a discount so I  figured I'd ask.

But to answer your question, for my kids rifles.. the cheapest I can get that have 1. reasonably clear glass, 2. Up to at least 18power, 3. Bdc reticle, 4. Holds zero. 

There are several reasonably price scopes that meet those criteria. You mentioned tracking I though you were looking for a dial able turret. I’m not a fan of vortex at ALL.....but with out a turret they aren’t terrible.  

Catfish, not to side rail the post but have you had a chance to get the Leupold 15x56 hd bino’s out yet?   Wondering how they turned out.  Was thinking of looking through their 12’s.  

10 minutes ago, oz31p said:

There are several reasonably price scopes that meet those criteria. You mentioned tracking I though you were looking for a dial able turret. I’m not a fan of vortex at ALL.....but with out a turret they aren’t terrible.  

For myself im always looking into whats out there value wise that's still decent.  I have a viper pst but rarely hunt with a rifle. I have a couple vortex on the kids guns now. One of the rifles will shoot twice with a tight group then have a flyer, I don't think the flyer is me though which is why I've been looking into other scopes. 

Assuming those same criteria and then add in trackable, what do you think is the best bang for your buck out there?

11 minutes ago, grey curse said:

Catfish, not to side rail the post but have you had a chance to get the Leupold 15x56 hd bino’s out yet?   Wondering how they turned out.  Was thinking of looking through their 12’s.  

I sold them to get the meopta 15s.  However, they are still really good binos. I had kaibabs and sold those to get a pair of vipers and vultures to be able to have 2 pairs. Since i mostly used my old gold ring switch powers and would let other use my vortex.  I took them out side by side with my vipers just to see the difference and they were way brighter then the viper and with much less chromatic aberration.  They were clear side to side too as far as I could tell.  I would definately put them above the kaibabs and probably not quite as good as the meopta.   Here's what I didn't like about them..  The exit pupil glass is pretty big which is nice but eyecups are a bit large, they should have made them skinnier. With my narrow beady eyes I'd have them close all the way in but the eyecups didn't allow me to have the glass close to my eyes the way I like.  The other thing is connecting them to a tripod, the Velcro thing they give you is a joke so i used my vortex stud. The problem with the stud is their design is like double hinged rather then a single hinge holding the two haves together so where you would  connect the stud is closer to your face and a little off balance IMO. And the third thing I don't like I'll admit is a bit stupid but I can not stand the material the carrying case is made of.  The sound it makes on my fingers and the texture is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

For the money and solid turrets this is a good value https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-3.html

there are still some good deal to be had for the Zeiss conquest hd5’s.

kinda depend of your budget. I don’t rifle hunt much either but for me it’s a good value to know I can beat the tar out of my scope and it’s still 100% 100% repeatable. So my main rifle has a night force nsx.  

This is a great thread.  I'm shopping for a rifle and scope set up right now as well.  I don't wanna steal the thread, but keep some recommendations coming for a budget of 1000 for glass and about 600 for a rifle.