MT_Sourdough

Current conditions - Perfect timing

cools pics,

we were up in unit 8 sat. didnt see any lopes like we usually do in the usual spots, some of the tanks look like they dropped about 2-3 feet. it did start to cloud up around 2:30 and sprinkle a bit around J.D. dang

On 6/7/2019 at 5:59 AM, Roosevelt Mark said:

My brother in law watched a antelope drop a fawn and a pack if coyotes eat it in 4b last week. He said he fogot his rifel. Dumb ash...

Too bad the G&F banned coyote contests.  It would be good to use a contest right now to help the little Bambi's survive.  But, no the libatards dont like contests.  If we had a hunting contest it would eliminate hunting.  That was the "logic", according to the wolf in sheeps clothing commissioner.  By the way this comminisoner will be the chairman for the second time next year.  Then you all will say "waaa happen".😒

Though I haven't been in 8 since spring, I spent many days in there over the last 3 years and it is my opinion that unit 8 needs some serious coyote eradication, regardless of who and how.   

we hear tons of them at night, called in a few during the day(in the pines). I'll be doing some night hunting up there this year for sure as its open again.

kids up there today and tomorrow trying to get yotes and sheds, no luck so far they havent seen an elk or even a deer. we didn't last weekend either she said its dead up there they saw on squirrel .and we didnt hear any at night or 1st thing in the morning like normal either.

we have had good luck on the flats(drake road) but you have to shoot 500 yards or more not a problem for me . we will call them in and they come right to the edge of the junipers a few at a time.. That pond on the south side od road we usually sit up on the bluff in that small stand of pines and shoot them walking to the tank.

• Like 2

As far as antelope are concerned, monsoons probably do not have much impact on the headgear.  On the other hand, it is starting to get to a point that if it doesn't rain soon, stuffs gonna start to burn.

Tomorrow is gonna be hot with high winds.  Be careful out there.

Now that is green . Wow! 

Good looking buck.  I am waiting to see the antelope start to regroup, but I do not see any evidence of that happening yet.

Saw a group of 5 does last week and they all had fawns with them. The most i have seen at once in a long time. If I had time i would be looking for coyotes on the deepwell ranch. They are not shy.

19 hours ago, AZkiller said:

Sorry I meant 76

So. I am not at all knowlegable about scoring antelope but this one looks short. How tall do you think it is?

!9a just got it;s first monsoonal rain of the year.  Not enough to create the type of run off that fills tanks but enough to resume food production where things were drying up fast.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

So. I am not at all knowlegable about scoring antelope but this one looks short. How tall do you think it is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Generally speaking,  their ears are 6".  So using that 13 1/2 to 14".  the bend in their horns can hide quite a bit.