AzDiamondHeat

Any boat guys want to give advice?

A boat is a whole in the ground into which you throw money.  As long as you realize that up front, you will do OK.  We had a 16' aluminum 1963 Texas Maid with with a 85 hp Johnson. We used in for fishing and taking the kids to the lake.  When they got into middle school and beyond, they were too busy and committed to go so the boating went away.  Realize it is for a season and cherish the time you have with your kids.  Do not get a bass boat!  You will constantly be getting in trouble with that.  I would suggest get an aluminum deep v with a 4 stroke motor to minimize maintenance and don't go into debt to do this.  Lots of incomplete projects out there if you are handy.  How's that for a bunch of random wisdom?

• Like 3

Runabout bowrider type.   19ft to 22ft  I suppose.   No real budget just trying to figure out if i hav to spend a ton of money to get a dependable boat.  Just for cruisingbtheblake and pulling a kneeboard or tube every now and then.  

Just remember boats are fun but just remember what boat stands for

BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND 

Ive had a boat for the last 35 years everything from a 13’ to a 19’ and so far don’t regret one minute of it. Just try to get one with a single axle trailer much easier to maneuver and move by yourself.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jdown said:

I sent you a pm.  Happy to discuss whether interested or not. 

Thank you 

Nice boat. Not quite what I am looking for though.  About 20 years ago it would have been EXACTLY what i wanted but never got....

Get a fish and ski model and the motor is most important. Low hours around 200 or so is best. If you find one you like I would pay Ken at Holiday Mobile Marine to go over and check out the engine and transom. That or ask the owner to take it to Performance or Martin Marine for a compression test and evaluation. I prefer double axle trailers and use the GoJacks from Harbor Freight to move it around. Make sure it will fit in the garage with the boat and trailer length. Lots of good used boats but also plenty that people get rid of for a reason. If the owner refuses a lake test I would run fast. Good luck.

• Like 2