IAMMAC

Plumber Needed

Looking for a plumber in the West Valley, I have a tub upstairs where the hot water just quit working.  Cold water still flows but the hot water does not.  I am assuming there is something clogging the line but I could be wrong.  Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, IAMMAC said:

Looking for a plumber in the West Valley, I have a tub upstairs where the hot water just quit working.  Cold water still flows but the hot water does not.  I am assuming there is something clogging the line but I could be wrong.  Thanks in advance.

Probably a worn out or seized faucet cartridge. Easy DIY repair- just google the faucet manufacturer/model and "cartridge" and you'll likely find parts and videos.

9 minutes ago, brademan76 said:

Probably a worn out or seized faucet cartridge. Easy DIY repair- just google the faucet manufacturer/model and "cartridge" and you'll likely find parts and videos.

No name brand on it...….I'll take it apart and see what's up.  Still would like a plumber just in case.

Does it have hot water for a few minutes the runs cold? Do you have the same problem with any other fixtures doing the same thing? If so it is probably the drop tube in the hot water tank. After a few years they get holes in them and put cold water in to the top of the tank instead of the bottom, hot water is drawn from the top of the tank.

Lots of plumbers on here.  Hopefully one who posted in your thread pmd you their number like you asked for.  

• Like 1

Took it apart and took pictures of it to Lowes and got the correct cartridge.  It wasn't the easiest to get out but I replaced it and now the hot water works.  I went ahead and replaced the other 4 in the house so I should be GTG for another 15 years!  Thanks everyone for your help.

• Like 1

Sum y'all nailed it like a split hog